Generation Project Leader
600 East Canal Street Richmond, VA 23219 US
This position will be responsible for tracking and managing the engineering status of substations being constructed as part of new solar generating stations. The successful Generation Project Leader will be the primary point of contact for our contractor during the engineering. This position will primarily be a 40 hour a week office position with occasional overtime required when it has been authorized by the hiring manager. Occasional day trips may be required to sites in construction to help troubleshoot field related engineering issues.
- Detailed technical knowledge of high voltage engineering and construction.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of high voltage equipment including but not limited to breakers, switches, transformers, relaying & metering etc.
- BS degree in Engineering or Construction Management preferred plus at least at least three (3) years experience managing projects or managing multi-functional teams in a matrix environment.
- Some substation and overhead/underground line experience preferred.
- Must have good technical and cost management skills.
- Strong communication and integration skills are required.
- Ability to coordinate processes and provide leadership in a team environment.
- Ability to analyze information and made sound decisions.
- Demonstrated computers skills.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.