6135 West 400 North Greenfield, IN 46140 US
Our Client is seeking a motivated, well-rounded Geotechnical Engineer. This is an Engineer Position that involves conducting inspections as well as oversight of sampling and testing personnel. He/she will work closely with other professionals and the candidate should feel comfortable interacting with clients, construction personnel, and sub-contractors as a professional representative. The position has opportunity for advancement for motivated individuals willing to learn the skills and technology required of a Geotechnical Engineer. Candidates are required to have a professional engineering license. However, applicants with a solid understanding of geotechnical engineering and/or working experience in the field are preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and/or Geotechnical Engineering with at least 5 years of related professional experience.
- Knowledge of commonly used computer software (Word, Excel, Outlook) is expected.
- Candidate must have excellent writing and communication skills.
- Familiarization with various AASHTO and ASTM Standards is preferred, as is a working knowledge of CAD and soil logging programs.
- Collaborate with senior staff;
- File review and documentation (local and state);
- Travel to, and work performed at, various job site locations throughout the region;
- Work in the field on project sites to perform geotechnical investigations, and construction monitoring;
- Oversee construction activities including earthwork, dewatering, pile installation, excavation support installation, and load tests;
- Oversee excavation activities;
- Oversee subsurface investigations (e.g. drilling test borings and well installations);
- Oversee subcontractors performing services at project locations;
- Oversee geotechnical investigations;
- Oversee and perform materials testing;
- Perform geotechnical engineering analysis for infrastructure and development project such as foundation, retaining wall, and pavement design;
- Participate in training events, project meetings and engineering team meetings;
- Interpret geologic, hydrogeologic, and engineering characteristics of the subsurface;
- Analyze and interpret laboratory results under the supervision of a Senior Project Engineer;
- Deliver processed data in an organized fashion, following data management and APEC standards;
- Work on several projects at one time and maintain successful client relations; and
- Prepare letters and reports for submittal to regulatory agencies and/or clients.
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification is preferred, but not required;
- Position requires registration as a Professional Engineer OR is on track toward professional license.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.