Geotechnical Engineering Professional Intermediate
Herdon, VA 20171 US
1) Bachelor's degree in Geotechnical Engineering, Geo-Environmental Engineering, Geological Engineering, or other closely related engineering field
2) EIT with a commitment to obtain PE
3) Professional on-the-job experience related to geotechnical design demonstrated by design projects
4) Professional on-the-job experience writing specifications, preparing basis of design reports, and developing design drawings with drafting team members.
5) Demonstrated knowledge of geotechnical and design concepts
6) Knowledge and experience with geotechnical aspects of environmental remedial actions
7) Strong writing and communication skills
8) 40-hr HAZWOPER certification or the ability to attain this certification
1) Master’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering or other closely related engineering field
2) Professional Engineer (PE) license
3) Knowledge of and experience with applying state and federal environmental regulations, including the United States Environmental Protection Agency Superfund program
4) Professional on-the-job experience related to planning, design, and construction of environmental remedial actions
5) Professional on-the-job experience related to performing and leading environmental field work for remediation projects, and an understanding of methodology and procedures
6) Experience working on active project sites and overseeing subcontractors or third-party construction contractors
7) Strong attention to detail when conducting remedial work and evaluating geotechnical data
8) Strong organizational skills and ability to document design decisions and action items
9) Ability to follow up on tasks and take ownership of projects
10) Ability to communicate concisely and proactively with coworkers, contractors, and clients
11) Ability to work remotely with teams located nationwide in geographically diverse locations
You’ll have the opportunity to work on exciting projects nationwide, participating in a variety of office and field tasks related to planning, evaluating, designing, and implementing the geotechnical aspects of environmental remedies. You’ll apply your technical experience with the support of our global geotechnical technology team. Your analytical skills will be called upon as you evaluate site conditions, determine geotechnical design data needs, assess remedial alternatives, perform engineering calculations, and develop designs. You’ll use your technical writing skills to prepare work plans, reports, and design documents, including design specifications. You’ll learn from other experienced staff who are ready to mentor you, and you’ll pass your knowledge on to others. As a junior/mid-level Engineer, you’ll be directed by Design Managers and discipline leads, but you will be called on to take ownership of assigned tasks. You’ll be juggling multiple tasks, so we’ll rely on you to prioritize effectively, keeping the big picture in mind. You may spend up to 25% to 50% of your time in the field supporting or overseeing the gathering of geotechnical and other design data. Safety will be your priority, as you contribute to “incident free” operations and maintain the highest standards of Health & Safety in everything you do.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.