Geotechnical Project Engineer
41780 6 Mile Rd Northville, MI 48168 US
Geotechnical Project Engineer
- Observe test boring drilling, test pit excavation, monitoring well installation, and install and read geotechnical instrumentation.
- Monitor construction operations, including earthwork, dewatering, and excavation support installations and prepare engineering field reports.
- Coordinate construction quality control services, conduct periodic site visits, and review daily field reports prepared by others.
- Conduct laboratory and field testing of soils and rock along with interpretation of data from a variety of tests.
- Perform a variety of engineering analyses and calculations, with and without the use of engineering software.
- Prepare technical proposals, cost estimates, plans/drawings, technical specifications, and reports, including day-to-day correspondence.
- Develop and present project-specific or technical presentations to clients, technical organizations, and in-house staff.
- Coordinate field observations and studies, including on-site direction of geotechnical drilling activities, as needed.
- BS in Civil Engineering (geotechnical engineering emphasis) or related degree. Masters preferred.
- EIT preferred.
- 3+ years demonstrated experience in Civil Engineering or Geotechnical Engineering, analysis and design.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills, be able to work in a team environment as well as independently, demonstrated team-oriented approach to problem-solving, and have strong interpersonal skills for contact with clients and fellow engineers/technicians.
- Accuracy, dependability, and strong organizational skills are required.
- Exceptional time management skills, ability to manage multiple assignments at any given time, and ability to work in a team environment are required.
- Must hold a valid driver’ s license and be willing to travel to and conduct field work at job sites/offices in Michigan.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• May be required to perform job duties in the field and office, during non-standard work hours, as necessary.
• Must be able to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
• May be required to enter and work within confined spaces once appropriately trained.
LEADERSHIP AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE
• At least 1 year of demonstrated leadership experience in mentoring and leading junior staff is required.
• Must be able to work on multiple projects for multiple project managers within budgets and deadlines.
• Experience with Project Administration, including invoicing and collections is preferred.
- Flexible and hybrid schedules
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Company-paid Employee Assistance Program
- Medical and Dental (company pays majority of premium)
- Vision (modest premium)
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Financial assistance for professional certifications
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.