1001 Springwells Ct Detroit, MI 48209 US
Our client is looking for a Human Resources Manager for a very exciting and once in a life time project. The ideal candidate will support the full scope of Human Resources responsibilities and partner with the organization on strategic initiatives. They will maintain and enhance the organization's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Recruit and Onboard new hires, conduct performance management and provide feedback Manage Employee Relations and Labor Relations for employees;
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems;
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters, and recommend needed changes;
- Act as main resource to respond to queries regarding Human Resource policies and procedures and applicable country regulations;
- Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of subordinates and staff relating to employment, compensation, labor relations, and employee relations;
- Analyze statistical data and reports to identify and determine causes of personnel problems and develop recommendations for improvement of organizational personnel Human Resource policies and practices;
- Organize and prioritize a variety of complex projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines;
- Support change management with a focus on employee engagement and retention
- Serve as internal consultant to managers, supervisors and employees on personnel issues that affect performance and business relationships;
- Manage and deliver HR presentations and initiatives internally.
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience
- 5+ years' experience in Human Resources
- Strong recruiting and demonstrated ability to improve talent acquisition strategies
- Demonstrated expertise training managers and employees
- Strong organizational, critical thinking and communications skills
- Attention to detail and good judgement
Generally, a favorable indoor office workspace is in the heavy civil construction site. Various levels of environmental conditions, including, but not limited to project worksites; vendor/client facilities which may or may not have temporary office spaces; the high number of heavy construction equipment; high and precarious places; excessive noise; high workforce numbers of craft, supervision, owners’ representatives, and management; fumes or airborne particles; and extreme temperatures. PPE will be provided.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.