I&C Design Engineer III (Nuclear)
Southport, NC 28461 US
- Requesting an Electrical Engineer with Instrumentation & Control (I&C) experience for the Brunswick Nuclear Plant in Southport, NC.
- The individual will perform design engineering work for electrical and I&C projects within the engineering organization.
- The I&C engineering work will include digital and software focused items. Current qualification at a nuclear utility as a Modification Engineer under an INPO Accredited Program and knowledge of Passport or Consolidated Asset Suite for design and work order development is highly desirable.
- Experience in Operations department is considered a desirable trait as well. Individual will be required to obtain qualifications for a Modification Engineer prior to working independently.
- Selected individual will act as the Lead Technical and/or Responsible Engineer for assigned projects and in a support capacity on other project teams.
Responsibilities will include design package development, developing conceptual designs and specifications for bidding purposes, evaluating alternatives, technical support during implementation, setpoint development, coordination of design efforts with selected vendors/AEs/designer and conducting design package reviews. A working knowledge or familiarity of cyber security regulations as mandated by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) is required as digital designs need to be cyber security compliant. Design products related to major digital controls system replacements, software evaluations, instrument component upgrades, and control circuits are expected to be developed.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years engineering experience in the nuclear industry. It is key to understand the design process.
- Ability to obtain and maintain unescorted access to a nuclear facility (General Employee Training, Radiation Worker Training, Security Clearance checks and subject to the sites Fitness for Duty Program)
- Strong oral / written communication skills within a professional environment
- Skilled in the practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations and preparing and presenting recommendations.
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Registration/Licensure as a Professional Engineer
- Experience in digital hardware / software modifications
- Digital / I&C engineering experience at Brunswick Nuclear Plant
- Working knowledge of digital upgrade specific licensing requirements and current 10CFR73.54 Cyber Security Requirements
- Experience developing digital / software modification test plans
- Experience in the 10CFR50.59 with respect to designing modifications to a nuclear facility.
Workers at this level solve more complex problems in engineering areas of specialization with limited supervision.
Workers are expected to develop advanced skills and the ability to work with even greater independence.
They effectively apply fundamental concepts and procedures to work that is progressing complex and varied.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.