I&C Engineer I (Entry Level)
5570 HOG ISLAND RD Surry, VA 23883 US
There are two positions available. The candidate will fill a position in the Electrical and I&C System Engineering Group. The primary area of focus will be electrical systems engineering. Engineer I candidates will be expected to perform engineering tasks under general supervision.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilties & Exp:
- Knowledge and application of engineering theories and principles, concepts, and fundamentals; Requires developmental experience in a professional engineering position;
- Competency in applying engineering principles, fundamental concepts, practices and procedures requiring some evaluation, originality and/or ingenuity to achieve project objectives;
- Understands and can apply knowledge of configuration management; Ability to perform engineering calculations using applicable software programs (e.g. Matlab, Excel, etc.);
- Planning, organizational and project management skills; Ability to develop and exercise leadership skills; Effective decision making skills; Effective oral and written communication skills (includes technical writing);
- Ability to think analytically and solve complex problems; Ability to interpret codes, regulations and practices; Equally effective working independently or in a team environment; Ability to process information quickly and effectively manage multiple tasks.
- 0-2 years of relevant engineering experience
- Experience with I&C preferred
- Bachelors degree in Engineering
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.