Industrial Hygienist IV
1111 3rd Ave #1600 Seattle, WY 98101 US
Our client is currently seeking an Industrial Hygienist/Abatement Designer to join our team of professionals in Seattle, WA. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate experience in project coordination, abatement sampling and design, regulated materials compliance knowledge, technical writing skills, and ability to perform field work for regulated materials abatement and industrial hygiene projects (specific to commercial and institutional projects associated with demolition and renovation).
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support and conduct regulated materials surveys and assessments (e.g., asbestos, lead, PCBs).
- Prepare abatement design documents.
- Conduct abatement project monitoring including performing quality control on other team members' work.
- Utilize regulated materials compliance knowledge for successful project execution.
- Assist or lead technical proposal writing, reporting writing and data entry.
- This position requires the flexibility to serve as a cross-disciplinary resource for numerous departments within AECOM and this position will be a mixture of office and field work.
- Maintain a flexible schedule to meet the requirements of our clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science or Engineering, Safety, Biology, Industrial Hygiene, Public Health, or related science field.
- Minimum of 4 years of related experience.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- US Citizen/Permanent Resident.
- 5+ years of experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and or education.
- EPA Lead Inspector/Assessor or asbestos building inspector and project designer.
- NIOSH 582 or equivalent air sample analyst.
- OSHA 40 Hour HAZWOPER.
- Possess strong understanding of federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
- Ability to occasionally travel out of town.
- Flexible work schedule, to ensure project timelines are completed.
- Possess strong writing and communication skills.
- Attention to detail, note taking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with project team
- Intermediate to advanced skills using the Microsoft Office Suite.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.