Instrumentation & Controls Technician (IE)
125 HV Chandler Road Colbert, GA 30628 US
Pay Rate: $40-45hr
The Instrumentation & Controls Technician (IE) will report to the Maintenance Manager through the Lead I&E Technician Duties will include maintenance and repair of all electrical systems, instrumentation and controls and other related equipment. The I&E Technician will perform skilled work requiring a high degree of precision and understanding of technical data and systems. This position often works alone and must be aware of circumstances that can contribute to the injury of personnel and damage to equipment. This position will execute complex, well-defined technical tasks at the discipline level to achieve lasting results.
Scope & Responsibilities:
- Work under minimal supervision to repair, service, and maintain electrical, electronic and mechanical equipment throughout the facility.
- Repair, maintain and update electronic controls throughout the facility including programmable logic control and distributed control system logic based controls.
- Have or develop a thorough understanding of ladder logic and P&ID logic.
- Repair and maintain switchgear components, motor control centers and all related wiring. Troubleshoot electronic variable speed pumps drive systems and prime power machinery control and alarm systems. Calibrate various pressure and temperature transmitters. Maintains stack CEMS equipment. Repair, installation, and general plant wiring
- Instruct others assigned to assist in this work; supervise the repair tasks to insure they are being performed in a safe manner
- Provides technical assistance in order to maximize the safe, reliable, profitable and efficient operation of the generating station.
- Analyzes trends and operating parameters on various electrical systems and equipment to identify potential or impending failures and to ensure plant is running at optimal efficiency
- Responsible for managing the work of contractors and vendors providing parts and services, especially during plant shutdown periods.
- Apply knowledge of electrical engineering and electronic theory, use of Amprobes, test meters, low and high voltage meter, oscilloscope and other electronic test equipment
- Required to work both scheduled and unscheduled overtime to support plant activities
- During outages and emergency events, will be assigned responsibilities outside of normal work duties and at hours outside of normal work day.
- Provides input for improvements to plant operations, equipment and written procedures.
- Provides input to RCA process.
- Provides input for the economic optimization of plant reliability
- Responsible for approving tools to be used for a job,
- Provide recommendation for inventory levels and parts and service vendors.
- Assist in the annual budget process with appropriate recommendations
- Responsible for Providing a higher level of technical expertise when involved in the resolution of equipment issues
- Draws appropriate conclusions based on interpretation of relevant information
- Makes decisions in a timely manner
- Draws on technical knowledge and experience to take action to overcome obstacles
- Demonstrates a commitment to productivity and quality
Note: The job can be physically demanding involving movement of heavy equipment and carrying materials up and down stairs. Physical requirements include walking and climbing ladders, medium lifting and working in dark, high temperature environments (occasionally)
Candidates should be able to lift and maneuver a 50-lb load.
Required Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) knowledge
- DCS configuration experience – Siemens 3000 preferred
- Ability to interpret mechanical and process drawings, wiring diagrams and schematics, and Original Equipment Manufacturer manuals
- Computer skills and proficiency using MS Office products
- Knowledge of boilers, aux plant equipment, PLC, DCS, etc.
- Ability to pass a respirator physical and respirator fit test
- Ability to hear and understand audible alarms, detect changes in noise levels of rotating equipment and portable radio communication
- Ability to lift heavy equipment and carry materials up and down stairs with the capacity of lifting 50 pounds
- Must hold a valid driver license with a satisfactory driving record to maintain minimum company required insurance coverage
Preferred Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent plus a two year technical degree or the following;
- 5 years’ progressive experience in industrial electrical or I&C maintenance work performing maintenance and repair in power generation or other process plants
- Trade School or Company Training Programs or Apprenticeship Program
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.