Internal Field Service Specialist
900 Middlesex Turnpike , Building 6 Billerica, MA 01821 US
The Internal Field Service Specialist is a member of the customer support team and partners with field service engineers to ensure that repairs, installations, and upgrades at customer sites are successful.
The Internal Field Service Specialist assists with technical escalations that require additional support and communication between the factory, the field service engineer, the customer, and other relevant parties. The Technical Support Specialist studies technical applications; manuals, speaks with factory engineers, and communicates recommendations to either the field service engineer or the customer. This position may also offer suggestions for product improvements for future product designs.
Key Responsibilities and Duties / Essential Functions:
- Assist Field Service Engineers with escalations for installs, repairs, and upgrades.
- Communicate with development or other product engineers to problem-solve, devise and implement solutions to obstacles that affect customer satisfaction concerning ASMPT NEXX equipment
- Tracks and reports implementation of improvements
- Monitors status of incoming/returned parts RMA’s, from customer returns, and may assist with coordinating warranty claims from customers
- Manages failure analysis for non-conforming parts, (NCR)
- Writes standard operating procedures for installation and preventative or other maintenance of equipment
- Participates in weekly escalation meetings, tracking performance and driving solution
- May require up to 25% international travel to customer sites
- Other related job duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree, (Bachelor’s degree preferred), in a technical discipline
- 4-8 or more years’ experience with troubleshooting and repair of complex electromechanical equipment Level III
- 2 plus years of experience with troubleshooting and repair of complex electromechanical equipment
Qualifications and Skills:
- Prefer prior experience working with vacuum-based equipment
- Desire prior experience with Wet Chemistry (Physical Vapor Deposition-PVD) or Plating equipment
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Intermediate Excel user ability
- Ability to develop basic presentations using PowerPoint and present status updates in meetings
- Candidate must have good customer service skills
- Must be fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Patience in communicating with non-native English speakers
- Ability to travel internationally and obtain a US Passport and credit card for travel
This job operates in a professional office environment, in cleanrooms, and in customer factories around electro-mechanical equipment.
Job duties may be performed in a clean room environment. Mechanical aptitude, manual dexterity and ability to lift/carry objects up to 35 pounds may be required. May require bending/stooping/crawling/climbing. May require the use of Personal Protection equipment and proper industry safety procedures when working with one or more dangerous element or conditions such as chemicals, electric currents or high voltage, moving mechanical parts, etc. Regular airline/overnight travel is required.
Expected Hours of work:
Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8: 00 a.m. to 5: 00 p.m. or as assigned by supervisor.
Domestic or international travel may be required, approximately 20-30%
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.