Entry Level Civil Engineer
28 West Adams, Suite 1200 Detroit, MI 48226 US
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Entry Level Civil Engineer to join their Detroit team. The position will service clients in a variety of project needs in and around Wayne County.
- Prepares engineering analysis, design, calculations, and reports for a portion or all of a project for review by a Project Manager.
- Designs grading and drainage for site improvements.
- Designs utility piping systems, involving sanitary, water main, fire protection, and storm drainage.
- Performs hydrology and hydraulic calculations for gravity and pressure piping systems and above ground conveyances.
- Works with dynamic design teams including landscape architects, land use planners, attorneys, owners, and facility managers.
- Prepares project drawings, calculations, and specifications.
- Assists in the preparation of proposals and fee estimates for potential projects of limited scope and complexity.
- Maintains complete design responsibility for projects.
- Performs construction assistance related tasks including responding to RFI (Request for Information), visiting job sites, reviewing submittals, and coordinating with design team for revisions.
- Develop and present project-specific or technical presentations to clients, technical organizations, and in-house staff.
- Mentors staff engineers.
- Prepares plan review, permit applications, analyze zoning ordinances, and land use.
- Attends and participates in project meetings.
- Stays current on legal and industry regulations.
Minimum Position requirements include:
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Civil Engineering
- 1 year of experience highly preferred - will look at internships
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working on projects within the City of Detroit preferred, but not required
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.