Lead Distribution Engineer
Denver, CO 80013 US
Their Transmission & Distribution group is currently hiring an experienced Distribution Designer specifically on our Power Delivery team. Candidate must be a hands-on problem solver willing to work through issues as they arise with staff, clients, offices, disciplines, and projects. They must also foster effective working relationships between colleagues, associates, clients, and officials.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Designing of complex electrical distribution projects including large overhead to underground conversions, feeder reconductors, and Smart Grid equipment installation for voltages 69kV and under.
- Become proficient using multiple client programs.
- Perform site field visits for verification of existing distribution facilities and project requirements.
- Develop bill of material required for construction based upon client standards.
- Develop construction prints detailing facilities to be removed/installed.
- Develop permit drawings as necessary to accommodate construction.
- Review project scope and identify issues early on.
- Interact with clients to clarify scope.
- Work with the client through the idea generating stage.
- Support the day-to-day activities of the project from inception through engineering, construction, commissioning, and hand over.
- Report the progress of the project to the team lead as needed.
- Provide QA/QC reviews on projects before submittal to the client.
- Assist team lead with training entry level designers and engineers.
- Mentor less experienced designers to improve overall team efficiency.
- Proficient GIS experience
- Proficiency with CAD (AutoCAD, preferably)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and Office
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate solid leadership and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects with various due dates and scopes
- Valid driver’s license is required
- Available to travel up to 20%
Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited university in a related field of study (Civil, Mechanical or Electrical) is required.
- Minimum two years of related experience is required.
- Engineer in Training certificate (EIT) or ability to obtain one upon hiring is required.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.