Life Safety Systems Engineer
1999 Bryan Street Dallas, TX 75201 US
- We're looking for a Senior Life Safety Systems (LSS) Engineer working remotely who is excited about working on projects that enable the heart of our client’s business (multiple remote U.S locations will be considered). Join us and you’ll have the chance to work on projects including semiconductor manufacturing, data center facilities, and other state-of-the-art manufacturing and research facilities. Come be a part of a vibrant, dynamic team that delivers world-class designs for well-known clients around the world.
- As a Senior LSS Engineer working with our teams, you’ll use your skills and experience to help our clients, by providing code-compliant asset protection and fire life safety mitigation solutions. You will be expected to both provide guidance to co-workers and receive solutions from variance senior design professionals so that you can take ownership of various projects as the engineer of record. These fire solutions entail fire sprinklers, gaseous agents, fire detection, toxic gas detection, smoke modeling, and explosion prevention.
- You will interface directly with client counterparts in the designing of their facilities and state and local code officials. Utilizing AutoCAD and Revit MEP, our teams create 3D models in coordination with architects and engineers. From those 3D BIM models you’ll design fire sprinkler systems, fire alarm systems, smoke and leak detection, security and intrusion detection systems, and more. Using the various applicable Life Safety & Fire codes as well as industry standards you will provide calculations; equipment size and quantities; equipment and construction specifications; network diagrams and various construction deliverables in both 2D and 3D platforms for a constructible design.
Here's What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fire Protection or a Master’s degree in Fire protection
- At least 5 years of Fire Protection Engineering experience
- Professional Engineering (PE) license
- Knowledge & application of IFC, IBC, FM standards, and NFPA codes
- Knowledge of Fire Sprinkler and Gaseous agent manufacturers' equipment
- Knowledge of Fire Alarm systems and manufacturer’s equipment
- Design experience with Security systems, CCTV, HPM, and Leak Detection
- Knowledge of design and construction specifications
- Experience estimating and scheduling mid to large-scale projects
- At least 4 years of AutoCAD design experience
- Ability to travel 10% for site support
Ideally, you’ll also have:? ?
- Experience leading projects and managing resources
- Experience mentoring junior staff
- Design Management experience
- Design experience in semiconductor or datacenters
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.