MAOP Project Information Specialist II
4720 Piedmont Row Drive Charlotte, NC 28210 US
Advanced Document Controls experience - more than data entry/processing (does not want to see legal backgrounds). Construction portfolio support ideal
Foundationally document control begins with responsibilities of ensuring documents are received, reviewed, distributed, retained and potentially disposed of in an organized and verifiable manner.
Seeking candidates with advanced Document Controls experience in the construction, utility, telecom, etc. space that have dealt with projects revolving around structural builds specifically (buildings, pipelines, transmission lines, etc.). These candidates need to be comfortable working in a corporate/office environment rather than directly on job sites with changing projects and work locations. This role will be a long term, 100% office based role.
Manages natural gas projects through design, construction, commissioning and closure (construction projects, PM support, expediting, etc.). This is an added layer to the responsibilities that the MAOP PIMS have that requires more involvement of this individual in support of their portfolio.
The MAOP PIMSII (MAOP Project Information Management Specialist II) is a part of the Project Information Management team as well as a member of multiple project or program teams (up to 30 simultaneously) of varying size and complexity. This position will lead the substantiation of MAOP for projects executed by the Natural Gas Major Projects (NGMP) group. In addition you will represent the project team for all things related to MAOP, project information and project deliverables, including but not limited to:
- Daily execution of the Project Deliverable Management Plan ensuring alignment and compliance with all Company Manuals, Requirements and Specifications.
- Coordinate issue resolution efforts by evaluating records (alignment sheets, pressure test packages, BOM / Material Test Records, etc.), tracking issues, recommending options to move forward and escalating issues as needed to assist with timely resolution.
- Work closely with Project Managers to ensure compliance with Company and Department requirements including stage-gate and project governance requirements.
- Identify accountable parties, metrics and controls to ensure that each Deliverable is complete in its entirety while reflecting the unique characteristics of the project.
- Set, monitor and reinforce MAOP and Deliverable quality expectations with internal and external team members and stakeholders.
- Reinforce project information mechanisms to track and report deliverable timing, quality and rejection rates.
- Secure and quality control project Deliverables to ensure they meet requirements/expectations and are ready to be handed-off data and receiving asset owners.
- Mentor PIMS I position.
- It requires understanding and application of basic MAOP and project information principles.
- This position must be proficient with various computer applications and project information software. - MicroSoft Suite (Excel, Word, etc.), SharePoint, Adobe Pro, EcoSys
The position is considered a technical SME and requires college level reasoning via formal education or work experience.
Educational Background/Type of degree - Associate 2 year degree in business, finance, project management, engineering, technical, or equivalent. Related experience in lieu of degree. 5+ Years. Years of prior work related experience in addition to a degree: 2+ Years ears
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.