Maintenance Tech I
1935 S Hughes Way , Suite 201 Segundo, CA 90245 US
Pay Rate: $25/hr
The Field Service Technician performs field maintenance, inspection, installation, or repairs in one or more areas such as system protection (line locates and inspections of the distribution system), replacing and installing meters, service (tap) and system connections, and inspecting and maintaining valves and hydrants.
- Observes all on-the-job safety regulations and promotes safe practices, procedures and work habits.
- Under direct supervision, performs maintenance and repair work on various types of equipment, pumps, conveyor systems, gearboxes, fans, blowers, mixers and chemical feed pumps and auxiliary equipment.
- Follow and apply industry best practices and standards.
- While using hand and machine tools, performs repair and maintenance of equipment and plant buildings.
- Use computerized maintenance management software for record-keeping.
- Coordinate with other departments for Lock-Out / Tag-Outs procedures.
- Loads and unloads, moves and transports material, equipment, freight and supplies.
- Fills out safety work plans for assigned tasks.
- Performs other duties as needed and/or required to facilitate operations.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.