1201 Bridgestone Pkwy La Vergne, TN 37086 US
Under the direction of the Department Supervisor, safely maintain, install, and fabricate production equipment to fulfill customer requirements. Position will require individual to work 12-hours shift as well as overtime requirements. Preference will be given to individuals with industrial experience. Will be accountable in the areas of safety, housekeeping (5S), quality (IMS), people, customer, costs, environmental (EMS), and productivity. Overtime possible.
Education: Industrial Maintenance or similar Technical Degree
Essential Duties AND Responsibilities
• Work in alignment with plant mission statement.
• Practices Bridgestone Bandag’s Core Values in daily interactions with others.
• Work safely and identify safety issues. Responsible for his/her own safety and has significant responsibility for the safety of others through identifying unsafe conditions.
• Leadership – Is capable of working without direct supervision
• Reports and Reporting - Must demonstrate a working knowledge of production reports and departmental work instructions and ISO Documentation.
• Materials or Products - Care and attention is necessary to insure rubber products are produced according to specifications.
• Care of equipment - Care should be taken when starting, operating or stopping equipment to prevent damage to equipment.
• Have a working knowledge of and follow the Quality Policy, Standard Operating Procedures.
• Bridgestone Licensed Forklift Operator.
• Maintain equipment for industrial production, industrial processing, pipeline distribution systems, conveyors.
• Experience with motors, pumps.
• Install machinery
• Make minor adjustments to equipment and machinery
• Take apart equipment to make repairs
• Replace worn and broken parts
• Perform preventive maintenance
• Inspect parts for damage
• Reassemble equipment
• Test and observe running machinery
• Use soldering irons, hoists and lifts, grinders, hand tools, power tools, welding equipment, testing equipment.
• Test fixed machinery
• Clean and lubricate parts
• Read and use blueprints, schematics, manuals, technical drawings, work orders, test results, machine error messages.
• Record all work activities
• Use database software.
• Comply with safety regulations
• Work with a maintenance team
• Other duties as assigned
• May be exposed to loud noise (92 dBA), chemicals and moving machinery when on production floor.
- Could be exposed to all chemicals since they work across the facility. To name a few…Heptane, Cement, Curing Fumes, Sulfur, Silicone, various Accelerators, Zinc Oxide, Ground Filler/Carbon Black, welding fumes, various lubricants and oils.
• Heavy physical effort is required to maneuver through plant that includes climbing stairs / ladders, working in tight space. Considerable amount of standing and walking is necessary.
• Maximum lifting of 50lbs is required. However, Teammate will need to be able to handle heavy parts with a lift assist or team lift. Lifting requirements range from a height of 6 inches to a possible height of 5 feet.
• Teammate will need to use lift assist device / team lift for heavier material (max 130lbs) occasionally. Teammate will need to be able to manipulate material weighing up 130lbs occasionally.
• Teammate will need to be able to use various hand tools.
• Non-Routine Task: Assisting other departments with fallen rubber material, to include bending, pulling, cutting and/or lifting material up to 50 lbs. and/or manipulate material up to 130 lbs. roll on its side to roll towards a lift assist or onto a pallet.
• May work “over-their-scheduled-time” as well as weekends as necessary to ensure continuity of operations. Might be asked to work extended hours if business dictates such demands.
• Candidate must be willing to work any shift and flexible to change based on plant needs.
A considerable degree of mental and visual effort is required to provide resource assistance to manufacturing. Must pay special attention to details and be able to work without direct supervision
• Med Heavy Work: Lifting 65-70 lbs max w/frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
M T W TH F S S M T W TH F S S
On On Off Off On On On Off Off On On Off Off Off
Equipment that the maintenance techs work on:
Hydraulic unit operation
Dust collector system operation
Stretch wrapper machine
Lantech wrapping machine/Palletizer
Chiller & supply pumps operation
Loader and Unloader for tread storage racks
Mandrel wind up machine
Breakdown and Blend Rubber Mills
Water Jet Trimmer/Intensifier
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.