16 Leona Dr Middleboro, MA 02346 US
This position is responsible for design, development, and maintenance of processes, equipment, and tooling, to ensure products can be manufactured repeatedly at desired cost targets and acceptable quality levels. Responsible for managing projects into manufacturing readiness stage through Product Development Process.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & REQUIRED ABILITIES
- Work with R&D Engineering to aid in design for manufacturing (DFM) processes for new products.
- Develop best practices, routines, and process documentation and operating instructions.
- Create plans, tooling, and equipment to improve efficiency and productivity on existing products with increasing demands.
- Detect and analyze defective materials found in process, determine root causes, and direct rework of any non-conforming parts.
- Use Lean tools and Six Sigma to lead improvement initiatives throughout the facility.
- Lead necessary containment for all products upon learning of issue or potential issue with products.
- Implement corrective actions with appropriate personnel and update necessary work instructions.
- Generate required reports to communicate resolution with customer.
- Support the qualification of new parts/materials, and machine validation through FAI/capability analysis, or equivalent.
- Support the development, evaluation, improvement, and documentation of manufacturing processes for repeatability that meet our quality, cost, cycle-time, and safety needs (including process control techniques). This may include new products.
- Preparation of Capital Appropriation Requests (CAR’s).
- Special projects as needed to support operations and our customers including those which require additional work hours, travel, and training.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Demonstrated proficiency with PC, Microsoft Office, SolidWorks/CAD, and Minitab.
- Basic knowledge of lean manufacturing (SMED, TPM, 5S, JIT, ETC.)
- Basic knowledge of inspection measurement systems.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and technical skills.
- Creative thinker with well-developed interpersonal skills and effective communicator.
- High level of self-initiative and dependability.
- High energy level and drive to finish projects or issues.
- 5 + years of “hands-on” experience in hard materials manufacturing environment (Ceramics, Ruby, Sapphire, Glass, etc.).
- Experience with grinding and lapping equipment.
- Experience working with super precision tolerances.
- Comprehensive knowledge of quality practices, tools, and specifications (SPC, PFMEA, flow charts, etc.).
- Experience in leading investigation, root cause and risk analysis.
- Experience working with JD Edwards or similar enterprise resource planning software.
- Familiar with ergonomic practices.
- Experience generating specifications, purchasing and implementation of automated equipment including IQOQPQ.
- Experience in implementation and maintenance of high-volume automation.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.