Materials Technician I
916 Addison Rd Painted Post, NY 14870 US
Encompasses managing inventory, supporting operations or daily manufacturing, coordinating material shipping, Physical inventory counting, and other adhoc tasks as needed
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Setting up and closing out work orders in the Inventory System.
- Make daily inventory entries as inventory moves in and out of different manufacturing areas.
- Interfaces with other of our clients Plants and external customers, including export, with timely shipments.
- Properly account for and track inventory returned from locations to ensure proper disposition of inventory and credits are applied.
- Take in shipments from vendors and plant locations.
- Must verify weights and make entries into inventory system.
- With other material coordinators, perform a monthly inventory count and reconciliation.
- All of these duties include lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Maintain integrity of the Inventory System and make necessary updates to data tables.
- Perform slow moving inventory review twice a year.
- Maintain Inventory System access authorization list
- Inventory supply chain experience
- Manufacturing experience, particularly storeroom, warehouse, shipping and receiving, and material coordination and logistics
- Ability to work in teams as well as on own
- Self-motivated - ability to prioritize work and manage self
- Willing to enforce procedures and guidelines
- Good interpersonal skills with people from different levels and different cultural backgrounds.
- Strong customer orientation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.