Mechanical Design Engineer III-Nuclear
526 South Church Street Charlotte, NC 28202 US
Objective: Our client would like to obtain staff augmentation support for an Equipment Reliability Lead. This request is to supplement nuclear system engineering experience needed to assist in analyzing data pertaining to nuclear plant system/components, data transition/entry, and software testing for newly developed Equipment Reliability software. Desired Knowledge/Skillset:
- System Engineering and/or component engineering background
- Use of Equipment Reliability software
- Management of nuclear plant single point vulnerabilities
- Implementation of Maintenance Rule and MSPI programs as a site engineer
- Implementation of Equipment Reliability Procedures and Process a site engineer
- Experience working with large data sets for managing nuclear plant systems and component
- Use of power plant system and component drawings, technical manuals, and maintenance strategies
- Knowledge of power plant system design
- Support a Mon - Thurs, 10-hour workday. Normal schedule is 7:00 am - 5:30 pm.
Expectations for role: Our client is requesting a staff augmentation role who can support the transition to newly developed Equipment Reliability software. This role requires being familiar with nuclear power plant system/components, equipment reliability classifications, component failure modes, and identification of risk. This requires a level of comfort using data to assist the information technology teams in developing applications. The tasks that will need to be completed are noted below but not limited to:
- Analyzing large amounts of power plant, system, and component data and coordinating with IT to insert into applications:
- Automation of Health reporting
- Automation of SPV monitoring
- Automation of Maintenance Rule Program
- Developing long term strategy for Asset Management
- Automation of tracking component failure modes as they relate to preventative maintenance
- Analysis of single point vulnerabilities and strategies to maintain their reliability.
- Analysis of component failure modes as they relate to preventative/predictive maintenance
- Plant and system risk assessments as they pertain to system/component health.
- Development and use of system and component monitoring strategies for nuclear power plants.
- Interfacing with nuclear site Operators, Engineers, and Maintenance on systems and components specifically to present the output of developed application and align on actions needed to close gaps.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.