Mechanical Engineer 5
850 Brush Wellman Delta, UT 84624 US
Functions in as a senior field mechanical engineer capacity at a combined cycle power construction project site in Utah. Under general supervision, performs all aspects of conventional design/field engineering and analysis as well responsibility to overseeing the erection and installation of the power island equipment and coordination of all interface points. Monitor Subcontractors productivity and performance. Ensures adherence by Subcontractors to safety, quality, schedule and performance expectations as defined by project requirements. Ensures compliance by subcontractor to all standards, procedures, and contractual commitments within the bounds of all applicable policies.
- Communicate with the home office engineering team to identify and resolve all engineering related issues in a timely manner.
- Monitors, verifies and reports on construction activities for compliance with the schedule; tracks and reports on completion of project schedule activities and commodity installation as required.
- Assists subcontractors in resolving problems and reports on issues related to drawings and information, schedule, quality, quantity tracking, cost reporting and safety.
- Monitors discipline construction productivity, progress, and reports to Construction Manager and Field Project Controls Manager as required.?
- Monitors to confirm that all material, manpower and other resources needed to support the Schedule are available and on site for assigned scope as required.
- Monitor and assist in the reporting on completion of subcontractor punch list activities.
- Maintains a daily log for site records.
- Monitors supplier Technical Service Representative (supplier) daily log and reviews/approves their timesheets as required.
- Monitors assigned subcontractor(s) for compliance with subcontract scope and schedule requirements.
- Develops a stable working relationship with assigned subcontractor(s).
- Assists Field Subcontract Administrator in the preparation of all extra work authorization requests.
- Assists in the compilation of or answering Contractor Information Requests.?
- Review Job Hazard Analysis for major erection packages within scope as required.
- Supports commercial recovery process.
- Provides supervision, training, development, and performance management to direct reports.
- Adheres to safety and quality standards as applicable to duties and accountabilities.
- Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
- OSHA 10
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Lift and carry heavy items
- Stand, Kneel, Bend, Stoop, Move, and Walk long distances in and around confined, cluttered places, and uneven areas.
- See and hear naturally or with correction.?
- Full range of motion and flexibility consistent with requirements of the job duties.?
- Requires using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls according to a set procedure.?
- May require work above 5 feet in height.
- Climb and maintain balance on steel framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds.?
- Typical construction site environment:?
- Requires working in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or exposure to inclement weather such as dust, wind, rain, etc.?
- Requires working in extremely bright or low lighting conditions?
- Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable.?
- Work around hazardous equipment.?
- Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.