Mechanical Engineer I, II, or III
1022 HALEY DRIVE Mineral, VA 23117 US
Pay: Rate should reflect years of relevant engineering experience
- Engineer I: 0-2 years - $30-37
- Engineer II: 3+ years - $40-50
- Engineer Ill: 5+ years - $75-85
The engineer will be performing the duties of a system engineer. Duties include...
Primary/Secondary Systems Engineering and Maintenance Support Engineering
- Duties include the development and implementation of trending & monitoring plans to ensure system and component health
- Development of short and long term plans to improve system and component reliability
- Performance of causal evaluations to prevent equipment failures, as well as the development of engineering technical evaluations supporting plant operation.
- Additional duties include providing support for functional testing as well as both planned and emergent equipment maintenance.
General Related Engineering Duties
- Performs and/or reviews engineering calculations, analysis, research and design.
- Provides cost analysis as needed and develops recommendation based on calculations (e.g. cost for equipment upgrade) for management review.
- Levels are distinguished by increased complexity in application of engineering skills required.
- Under direction of supervisor or work leader, exercises independence in evaluating, selecting and applying standard or well defined engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Uses judgment in prioritizing and making moderately complex adaptations and modifications.
- Assignments have clear and specified objectives and require investigation of a limited number of variables.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
- Knowledge and application of engineering theories and principles, concepts, and fundamentals
- Requires developmental experience in a professional engineering position
- Competency in applying engineering principles, fundamental concepts, practices and procedures requiring some evaluation, originality and/or ingenuity to achieve project objectives
- Understands and can apply knowledge of configuration management
- Ability to perform engineering calculations using applicable software programs (e.g. Matlab, Excel, etc.)
- Planning, organizational and project management skills
- Effective decision making skills
- Ability to interpret codes, regulations and practices
- Ability to process information quickly and effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written (includes technical writing)
- Ability to lead, collaborate, or work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to think analytically and solve complex problems
- Ability to develop and exercise leadership skills
- Equally effective working independently or in a team environment
Years of Experience:
- Engineer I: 0-2 years of relevant engineering experience
- Engineer II: 3+ years of relevant engineering experience
- Engineer Ill: 5+ years of relevant engineering experience.
- Possess a 4-year Engineering degree from an ABET accredited Engineering program based on the year that the Engineering program was accredited by ABET, or
- Possess a 4-year Engineering degree from an institution outside of the U.S. which is accredited through the country's own Engineering accrediting body under the Washington Accord as a full signatory, and is a degree that was recognized by the country's accrediting body on or after the date that full signatory status was achieved, or
- Possess a 4-year degree in Engineering (non-ABET accredited), Physics, Chemistry, Math or Engineering Technology and a post-graduate Engineering degree from an institution where the undergraduate degree in the same Engineering discipline is ABET-accredited based on the year the Engineering program was accredited by ABET
- Experience in the Commercial Nuclear Industry is preferred
- Holds or has previously held a valid U.S. Professional Engineer license preferred but not required
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.