Mechanical Engineer II - Compression Reliability
10021 Marine City Hwy Ira Township, MI 48023 US
The primary role of the Compression Reliability Engineer will be to ensure safe, reliable and resilient operations of the Gas Compression fleet, as well as support operations and projects in the Gas Compression area of the business.
- The Compression Reliability Engineer is responsible for acting as the subject matter expert for the engine, compressor, and unit auxiliary systems at the station.
- The Compression Reliability Engineer is responsible for ensuring adherence to design standards and that detailed designs meet all applicable compliance and regulatory requirements.
- The Compression Reliability Engineer ensures that the equipment and systems are meeting their operating reliability metrics and that project work is coordinated between internal and external engineers of record, vendors, fabricators and contractors to meet project requirements.
- The Compression Reliability Engineer will perform moderately complex assignments requiring application of standard techniques, theory, procedures and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks.
- The candidate must independently evaluate, select, and apply engineering theory, techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgment in making adaptations and modifications.
- The Compression Reliability Engineer will be required to work efficiently and effectively on small and large project teams supporting several project managers.
- The Compression Reliability Engineer will be required to act as the lead support engineer in performing problem solving and causal analysis activities associated with failures and malfunctions of equipment, systems, and business processes.
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, Projects and PowerPoint
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Knowledgeable of the design, construction, or operation of facilities
- Knowledge of planning and permitting as they relate to discipline specific design and construction
- Experience in reviewing designs to assure compliance with engineering design, applicable codes, constructability, industry and CE standards
- Experience in procurement of engineered material, equipment and professional services
- 2+ years of experience as an engineer
- Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering from an Accredited School
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.