Mechanical Engineer III
1022 Haley Drive Mineral, VA 23117 US
Mechanical Engineer - Condenser
Top Required Skills
1) Heat Exchanger (Feedwater Heaters and/or steam surface condensers) experience (required)
2) Versed/qualified (any utility) with preparing specifications
3) Comfortable and capable with office and field work - specifically supporting implementation as a design engineer
What soft skill requirements do you have (team fit and personality requirements)?
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to lead, collaborate, or work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
- Self-starter with a detail-oriented mindset
- Versed/qualified (any utility) in the Commercial Nuclear Standard Design Change Process (IP-ENG-001) (desirable, not required)
- Pump, valve, piping, heat exchangers, materials, thermal performance, fluids analysis, and general mechanical experience (desirable, not required)
- Experience and knowledge of various codes and standards such as ASME B&PV, ASME PTC, ANSI, ASTM, HEI, and TEMA (desirable, not required)
- PE license (desirable, not required)
- Day-to-day duties would be to serve as an engineer on the main condenser replacement project. Duties include, but are not limited to, preparation or review of design changes, preparation or review of procurement specifications, supporting field implementations, vendor document reviews as an owners representative, visits to vendor facilities when required (an expected occasional responsibility), and review of bids from vendors and installers from a technical perspective.
- Preferred Years of Experience:
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
- B.S. or M.S. in Mechanical Engineering
- Would consider candidates with other disciplines such as: Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering or similar if other experience requirements are satisfied.
- Highly prefer experience in the US Commercial Nuclear Industry
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.