Mechanical Engineer III
RT 156, ROPE FERRY ROAD Waterford, CT 06385 US
Technically proficient engineers to assist with schematic review, project oversight and mentoring of more inexperience engineers as well as complete project scoping and maintenance/procedural reviews. Troubleshooting efforts may also be critical.
Job Summary Responsibilities include,
- Obtain client company Mechanical Engineering Qualifications
- Work with application specific engineering team to gain understanding for different system functions and system requirements
- Review and Approve Mechanical Engineering plans developed by equipment vendor
- Review and gain a thorough understanding of Application requirements as driven by design specifications, regulatory requirements, and software/hardware requirements assisted by the requirements lead engineer
- Ability to report activity status and communicate with all levels of owner/leadership
Top required skills:
- Mechanical Engineering Fundamentals (drawings review)
- Initiative/Ability to work independently.
- Technical Writing
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
- 5+ years of relevant engineering experience;
- Basic knowledge of engineering theories and principles;
- Strong oral and written communication skills (includes technical writing);
- Strong personal computer skills;
- Ability to think analytically and solve complex problems;
- Ability to interpret codes, regulations and practices;
- Equally effective working independently or in team environment;
- Proven decision making skills;
- Ability to process information quickly and effectively manage multiple tasks;
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.