Mid-level Fire Protection Engineer
1100 Superior Ave -, Ste 300 Cleveland, OH 44114 US
The ideal candidate would have strong Fire protection design experience in a consulting engineering environment working with private and public sector clients.
- Supervise staff or self-perform the following:
- Perform analysis, design and documentation of fire suppression, fire alarm, and smoke control systems.
- Develop fire protection strategies, performance-based design approaches, and alternative solutions to provide the best solution for clients.
- Conduct building and fire code studies and life safety evaluations.
- Coordinate with other disciplines for all Fire Protection design elements.
- Prepare design deliverables for SD, DD, CD level documents.
- Meet with contractors during the bid phase to review the design details.
- Perform field verification and take-offs of existing systems for renovation projects.
- Perform project construction administration including response to RFI’s and accurate review of submittals.
- Review designs prepared by others as part of Osborn’s QA/QC process.
- Attend meetings with clients, authorities having jurisdiction, and other professionals as projects require.
- Work planning and manage the design process to the available hours in the work plan.
- 8+ years of Fire Protection Design Experience in Consulting Engineering.
- Proficient knowledge of fire protection design and modeling software such as Revit, HAAS, FDS, CONTAM, Pathfinder.
- Expert knowledge of local and national building codes, life safety and fire code requirements including both ICC and NFPA codes, IBC and NFPA 101.
- Proficient knowledge of standard construction practices and the ability to work with contractors to address construction issues.
- Experience in designing Healthcare, Sports, Commercial, Public Sector, Industrial, Education, and/or Institutional projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in ABET-accredited engineering preferred or NICET level certification in fire suppression and/or fire alarm systems.
- FPE or PE License.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.