Movement Capture Analyst
2331 Citywest Blvd Houston, TX 77042 US
An Oil and Gas client in Houston, TX, is looking for a Movement Capture Analyst to join their team.
- This person will be entering pipeline tickets daily for any movement that occurred, working with the invoicing team to ensure invoices are correct, and they will also be working with inventory for any volume discrepancies they may find on the back end.
- This person will be in communications and working with multiple groups within the company.
- They will combine detailed expertise of deal entry system with appropriate understanding of deal capture and movement scheduling as it relates to the physical movement document.
- As well as, assisting with monthly accruals, reconciling and resolving open items in a timely manner, preparing hoc analysis as required, interfacing with traders and schedulers for issue resolution, developing relationships with third party vendors as a representative of the company, reviewing contracts to interpret contractual obligations, and identifying control gaps and process improvement opportunities.
- The department as a whole is responsible for booking transactions associated with the purchase and sale of refined products. In addition, this department bills customers and processes invoices associated with these commodities.
- This area supports the Commercial Operations of the company and requires a high degree of interaction with Commercial product schedulers/traders and external customers and vendors.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- 3-5 years of front office experience with trading or scheduling within Oil and Gas
- Experience with SAP or RightAngle
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.