63 Flushing Ave Brooklyn, NY 11205 US
Pay Rate: $70-80/hr
The O & M Manager’s overall function will be to manage all operations and maintenance functions ensuring the maximum productivity and economic function of a Cogeneration Plant. The O&M Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations and maintenance of the project. The O&M Manager directs the implementation of the Operating Plan and identifies those areas which may need improvement or further development. The O&M Manager assures that project operating conditions are always kept within operating limits and ensure plant safety and environmental compliance. Directs Operations personnel with safe and reliable operation of the plant. Responsible for coordinating, scheduling, and conducting mechanical, electrical, and I&C corrective and preventive maintenance of all power equipment. Responsible for maintaining plant CMMS (Maximo). Reports normal, and/or emergent plant conditions and or maintenance that could impact power production in a timely manner. Lead, Plan, and execute minor and major outages with the support from other plant personnel.
- Ensures the safe and reliable operation of the plant in accordance with established operating procedures.
- Operate the plant as per the day ahead schedule for energy and steam production per the day ahead award.
- Takes necessary corrective action in accordance with established procedures and industry best practices and at the direction of the Plant Manager. Directs Maintenance personnel in the inspection and repair of plant equipment and the performance of their duties in order to maintain safe, reliable and efficient plant operation
- Verifies work order completion in a timely manner. Determines project maintenance requirements by following preventive and predictive maintenance programs and reviewing, evaluating, and prioritizing maintenance work orders to establish job steps, estimate man-hours, and specify part and equipment needs, including recommended inventory.
- Conducts periodic inspections / tours of the plant to inspect equipment, provides direction, supervision, and feedback to employees and ensures that all safety rules and plant procedures are followed.
- Perform and assist in troubleshooting activities as required.
- Supervises and oversees Maintenance and Operations personnel skill improvement, training, and safety programs. Ensures that an adequate number of trained personnel are available to operate and maintain the plant, even under adverse conditions.
- Mentor’s operations and maintenance personnel and prepares them for additional responsibilities and future advancement. Sustains the morale and motivation of operations and maintenance personnel and handles concerns and/or issues as they arise.
- Assists with the screening and hiring of personnel. Develops and administers contracts and work scopes for external contractors to ensure maximum efficiency in the use of plant and contractor personnel. Responsible for planning, scheduling, and managing plant outages and overhauls as assigned.
- Conduct/Support Regular Safety Meetings (at least monthly). Address Safety at all Group Meetings.
- Respond to all safety-related incidents including, but not limited to injuries, incidents and near misses; write a report that explains what happened, identify the cause, and recommend corrective action following any established business unit or division practice.
- Follow up as necessary to ensure that corrective action is taken. Maintain the plant Operations Manuals and assure that operating policies and procedures are kept up to date
- A technical undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience is required.
- Extensive experience in natural gas fired combined cycle power plant operations and maintenance is highly desired.
- Experience with LOTO process and procedures.
- Working knowledge of instrumentation and controls, electricity, rotating equipment, power plant mechanics and operations are highly desired.
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, and controls with attention to detail desired.
- Experience managing plant outages with multiple contractors.
- Experience supervising hourly personnel, strong leadership and motivational skills are required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills desired.
- Proficient in time management skills.
- Strong proficiency in computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Project, etc.) and CMMS/Maximo systems are required.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Physical requirements include the possibility of standing on feet for extended periods of time, stair and ladder climbing and routinely lifting to 50 pounds. Protective equipment must be worn in the performance of some duties (e.g., hard hats, safety glasses, air masks, ear protection, chemical suits, hot gloves, and high voltage protective equipment, etc.). Work with hazardous materials may be required.
- Position requires extended working hours and varied shifts with weekend and holiday work, as required by schedules, workload, and project conditions. "On call" status will periodically be required?.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.