Payroll Tax Specialist
20 N Wacker Dr Chicago, IL 60606 US
This job is responsible for US and International payroll tax compliance including filing and remittance of all federal, state and local withholding and unemployment tax plus W2 processing (including processing W2c s and associated amended returns).
This role will function as primary contact providing payroll tax process, systems, and technical expertise to internal and external partners. This person will also be responsible for payroll tax research, working with outside consultant and work collaboratively with cross functional leadership teams to represent the payroll tax function across Human Resources, Finance, IT and Labor Relations on strategic department and corporate initiatives.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for quarterly and annual federal, state and local tax and wage reporting (including amendments) to ensure accurate filing of returns and payments for all tax agencies.
- Work and coordinate with offshore team to achieve day to day tasks.
- Create and maintains all payroll tax procedures for the Company.
- Responsible for corrective actions necessary to ensure accurate employee withholding.
- Responsible to coordinates all aspects related to payroll taxes, which includes partnering with the internal tax department, outside tax consulting services to address complex payroll tax issues.
- Responsible for the relationship with the outsourced tax provider to ensure timely responses to tax inquiries or issues that arise during the processing of periodic, quarterly and/or annual file submissions.
- Responsible for the year end / new year payroll tax compliance tasks including timely and accurate filing of W2 s (and W2c s).
- Maintains current knowledge regarding payroll taxes and regulations related to the system technology and relevant Federal, State, and Local government regulations; regularly communicates regulation changes to the leadership.
- Manage employee workflow to ensure timely and accurate responses to employee inquiries.
- Responsible to manage agencies tax notices’ resolution process.
- Partner with the accounting department to assist in payroll tax related accounts’ reconciliation and follow all controls to accurately maintain these reconciliations.
- Responsible for initiating and approving all amended returns with the outsourced tax provider.
- Collaborate with internal partners and external vendors on system and interface solutions to support payroll tax compliance.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate reporting of wages and payments of tax for international payrolls and US seconded employees.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Minimum Bachelor’ s degree and minimum 5 to 8 years of relevant experience working in a highly automated multi states payroll tax environment,
- Detail oriented, strong analytical skills, strong communication, organizational, and technical skills with advanced experience in Excel with vLookup, Macro, and Pivot Table functionalities.
- Bachelor s degree in Accounting/Tax. Experience with ADP or other outsourced tax compliance provider.
- Oracle Fusion or Oracle EBS working knowledge.
- Experience working with large, collectively bargained employee population and handling multiple companies structures of rules and practices.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.