Permitting Project Manager - Renewables
1431 Opus Pl Ste 400 Downers Grove, IL 60515 US
The position’s responsibilities are summarized below:
- Manage permitting and compliance for renewable facilities, including completion and submittal of federal, state and local permits;
- Provide project management to ensure projects are completed within the budget and schedule identified that meets the expectations of each client;
- Provide technical guidance to internal and external project teams for the successful completion of regulatory requirements by developing and implementing strategies for obtaining permits and approvals in accordance with Project schedules;
- Manage the preparation of documents or technical documents, as needed.
- Identify and develop strategies for change management with the appropriate regulatory agency and assess risks associated with permit strategies, project change requests and agency interactions;
- Participate in business development of the renewable market by developing and executing sales and marketing plans, managing client accounts, contract negotiations, developing technical proposals and cost estimates for renewable projects, and developing relationships with new and existing clients.
- Manage construction compliance (implementation of necessary permits)
- of these facilities as requested by the client.
- Mentors less experienced staff and performs other duties, as assigned.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor's or graduate degree in a natural resources field, environmental science, or related field from an accredited program.
- Minimum 7 years related experience.
- Must have ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of industry, government, and public contracts on project-related matters.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local regulations for renewable projects in the Midwest is a must.
- Experience with state siting processes for these facilities is desired.
- The preferred applicant will also possess knowledge of regulations and permitting requirements for wetlands, threatened and endangered species, stormwater and erosion & sediment control, cultural resources and architectural history, and the National Environmental Policy Act.
- Successful candidate must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to collaborate with a team.
- The candidate must be able to demonstrate the ability to manage in a dynamic team environment, work on multi-faceted projects, work under pressure to meet deadlines, and work effectively and professionally with various audiences (i.e., regulators, public officials, clients, etc.).
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.