Portfolio & Project Manager
461 From Road, Suite 400 Paramus, NJ 07652 US
Pay Rate: $70-80/hr
Senior PM to step in and contribute right away. Expert in PM Methodologies, PMBOK processes and artifacts.
- Plans and coordinates all aspects of internal information system-specific projects from initiation to delivery.
- Projects may involve network, server, or software implementation and upgrades, PC deployment, process improvement, etc.
- Coordinates work performed by IT staff and internal customers/partners by defining project requirements, performing feasibility and needs/impact assessments.
- Develops detailed project plans and manages all implementation processes including resource allocation, progress tracking, monitoring change control process, testing, documentation, training and on-time delivery within budget constraints.
- Projects limited in number, size and complexity.
- Usually works under the direction of a senior project/program manager.
- Ensure all projects meet success parameters and financial (e.g. - ROI) targets stated in the business case
- Facilitate all operational checkpoint activities throughout the lifecycle of projects
- Ensure all projects adhere to project methodology compliance standards set by the company via the PMLC-SDLC
- For larger projects, guide the efforts of additional project managers to ensure collaboration and timely delivery of the project
- Ensure run-books are assembled and made available to the business and DB&T personnel
- Conduct post-mortem of the project to ensure continuous improvement and recognition of team members
- Provide performance feedback to managers of project team members
- Client is creating their own PPM&G tool in Smartsheet, so experience with any Enterprise level PPM tools like MS Project, Primavera P6, etc is required.
- Looking for candidates with a Bachelor's degree or higher with PM experience is required.
- PMP is strongly preferred and Scrum Master would be ideal.
- Great communication and coaching abilities
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.