Power Plant Operator
950 Shiloh Morgantown, PA 19543 US
Role and Responsibilities
- Operation and Maintenance of gas fueled power plant, consisting of multiple spark ignition reciprocating engines as well as all associated auxiliary equipment;
- Comply with all workplace, federal, state and OSHA safety guidelines and obligations;
- Perform regular inspections and maintenance of fixed plant equipment, including engines, generators and other auxiliary equipment such as pumps, chillers, valves etc.
- Perform regular inspections and maintenance of gas processing equipment, including compressors, aftercoolers, filtration vessels, dehydration skids, and the associated controls, gages and valves that support their operation;
- Administrative duties including documenting and reporting equipment maintenance, operation and condition;
- Perform fault-finding, repairs and reporting of electrical and mechanical systems;
- Operation of advanced instrumentation and process control systems;
- Available for on-call duties remaining within 45 minutes of the power station during these hours;
- Carry out routine housekeeping duties;
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- Current driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and on-call hours.
- Maintenance, gas, mechanical or electrical experience and/or suitable background.
- Basic Computer operation including the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to collect and interpret data and write clear, accurate reports and specifications.
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written.
- Experience with Gas and or Diesel reciprocating engines
- Experience with Caterpillar reciprocating engines;
- Experience with LFG Power Generation Systems;
- Experience with LFG extraction and use systems and equipment;
- Analytical and trouble shooting skills in either mechanical and/or electrical systems.
- Ability to perform minor repairs and overhaul mechanical & electrical equipment;
- Familiarity with the operation of instrumentation and process control equipment and systems;
- Ability to work autonomously and self-motivate in a multi-skilled work environment;
- Ability to cooperate and effectively communicate with co-workers and contractors, sometimes during high stress situations;
- Proficient in using computers, instrumentation, metering and/or monitoring equipment to measure, record and make adjustments within operating parameters;
- Basic electrical skills with the ability to fault find and carry out preventive maintenance on electrical equipment; such as PLC’s, Generators, High Voltage and or Control systems
- Basic mechanical skills with the ability to fault find and carry out preventive maintenance on mechanical equipment; including engines, compressors, pumps and valves.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.