Principal Electrical Engineer
89 A Street Needham, MA 02494 US
BOSTON MA USA
*SharkNinja is voted 2022 Best Places to Work in Boston and 100 Best Large Companies to Work*
SharkNinja (creator of the familiar household brands Shark® and Ninja®) is on a mission to positively impact people's lives every day in every home around the world. We allow our employees to be thinkers and tinkerers, designers and doers, creators and number crunchers, makers of things they love. As we continue to grow, we are excited to add a Principal Electrical Engineer – Advanced Development to the global team.
- Help deliver an extraordinary pipeline of new products for the fastest growing consumer product business in the world.
- This role will focus on bringing technical substance and inspiration to our Electrical Engineering team to ensure that imaginative but credible solutions populate our ambitious product roadmap.
- Working as part of our advanced development team you will bring technical substance and inspiration to our creative efforts to ensure that imaginative but credible solutions populate our ambitious product roadmap.
Here are some of the EXCITING things you’ll get to do:
- Collaborate with our global multi-disciplinary team to define, design, build, and test new transformative ideas for our next generation of products leveraging new ideas and out-of-the-box engineering solutions.
- Research new technologies of what would be possible for use tomorrow.
- Design and build prototypes to test and validate new concepts or create new development tools
- Propose circuit topologies to comply with requirements
- Participate in peer design reviews. Think critically about new product concepts, and asking the provocative questions necessary for positive change
- Generation of test protocols and test reports per SharkNinja specifications; Proactively communicating status of testing efforts
- Reviewing and interpreting test results providing feedback on product improvement solutions
- Analyze EBOMs and CBOMs to control cost and drive cost reduction of solutions
- Participate in DVT, DQTP and DFMEA analysis and improvement
- Support quality improvement teams by analyzing returns, identifying failure modes and recommending actions
- Participate in EMC, Safety and Homologation testing for global markets.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team demonstrating initiative with minimal guidance
- Solid analytical skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to analyze test results, data, synthesize conclusions and communicate up and across with clarity and critical writing skills.
- Good interpersonal, leadership qualities and self-awareness.
- Analogue and digital design experience
- AC and DC power supply design experience including PFC, flyback, Buck, Boost and regulatory requirements
- LiION and LiPo Battery pack design experience
- Environmental sensor experience including temperature, humidity, and pressure
- Movement and navigation sensor experience including infrared, accelerometers, gyroscopes, magnetometers, ultrasonics, LiDARs, time of flight and cameras.
- Embedded microprocessor design including ARM, 8/16 bit MCUs, DDR, FLASH
- Serial interface design I2C, SPI, UART, SMBus
- Motor, heater and pump control
- Wireless communication experience including Bluetooth / Wi-Fi / 433MHz
- BSc or MS in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent).
- Minimum 5+ years relevant experience in an electrical design innovation role.
- Previous advanced development experience - preferably working for a company or a consultant company in the consumer goods space
- Experience in aspects of electrical design: component selection, system architecture, design reviews, design verification, test and documentation.
- Experience in the use of analysis/measurement tools such as oscilloscopes, data loggers, electronic loads and spectrum analyzers.
- Experience with schematic capture and layout tool suites
- Experience in the development of embedded firmware of microcontrollers, including design, test and debugging is desirable
- Experience with rapid system prototyping utilizing Arduino or similar framework.
- Ability to communicate and analyze test results to a broader team
Full benefits package
4 Global DEI subcommittees
8 Affinity Groups
5 Business Resource Groups
Summer Half Day Fridays
Volunteer Impact Day/Activities
Mentorship & Coaching Programs
Plus your first SharkNinja product is on us and you can enjoy discounted products throughout the year!
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.