Principal Engineer - II
370 W Waukau Ave Oshkosh, WI 54902 US
Collaborative team environment in which you will perform technical leadership in high level analysis and design of new and modified components and subsystems in accordance with engineering standards and project scope. This is a non-supervisory position. 40-60% on site weekly required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the budgeting process to include recommending capital improvements and preparing justification data as required.
- Research, study, and propose use of new technologies to be used in the development of new and improved products.
- Perform engineering analysis to support the selection of parts, components, and materials that meet project requirements.
- Evaluate designs for performance, safety, and reliability.
- Analyze and resolve issues reported to Engineering via verbal or written communication.
- Communicate project objectives to team members.
- Maintain effective communication with suppliers, customers, and outside resources concerning technical issues.
- Provide technical assistance for prototype, pilot, and production support.
- Provide guidance and establish priorities for team members to ensure the appropriate engineering analysis is performed and documented.
- Create and maintain project documentation for analysis, research, and historical records.
- Enforce the proper use of engineering criteria and drawing standards.
- Ensure that technical issues are conducted within the framework of company policies and procedures.
- Prepare technical proposals, quotations, reports, and presentations.
- Participate in Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA) and apply mitigations into designs.
- Conduct duties consistent with the Companys mission statement, quality objectives, and defined policies and procedures.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
- 5-plus years of related experience.
- Able to obtain a secret security clearance as required by job duties.
- Must be US Citizen.
- Must be able to report in person 2-4 days per week according to business needs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Possess a strong mechanical knowledge of vehicles and related systems.
- Experience with a high-level CAD and PDM system, preferably CREO/Windchill.
- Experience with MBSE tools including SysML software (MagicDraw, Cameo).
- Experience with Human System Interface (HSI), armor, cab layout, or combat vehicles.
- Experience Performing Component and Small Assembly FEA. Preferably using CREO Simulate.
- Experience with Advanced GD&T and its application to heavy metal structures and assemblies.
- PMP certification.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.