Procurement Specialist - Nuclear
Huntersville, NC 28078 US
- Our client is seeking a highly-skilled, organized procurement specialist. In this position, you will manage and perform inventory optimization activities, initiate procurement activities and assure materials and products meet the company's specifications and schedule.
- This position will manage the procurement/ inventory of products that align with Business Unit requirements and standards. Incumbents are expected to develop advanced skills and the ability to work with greater independence.
- They effectively apply fundamental concepts and procedures to work that is fairly complex and varied.
- This is the intermediate level of the Procurement classification hierarchy.
- Contingent Workers at this level solve more complex problems, with some areas of specialist, with general direction from Management.
- Provides advanced inventory management/procurement services such as but not limited to performing inventory analysis to optimize inventory levels, initiating purchase requisitions, material transfers, logistic issues, support resolution to supplier material issues, generation of sustainable cost savings and inventory reduction savings.
- Provides advanced guidance to the business unit on procurement process: Best sourcing options materials management strategies including transfers, cost controls, and avoidance of procurement issues.
- Develops and improves supplier relationships and ensures compliance with supplier agreements to help realize value added services benefits. Acts as liaison between external suppliers and the Business Unit. Understands supplier capabilities, establishes relationships with suppliers and negotiates cost savings and inventory reductions.
- Demonstrates a strong sense of Business Unit and Supplier focus and cultivates Business Unit and Supplier relationships. For example, by providing customer service functions such as responding to customer inquiries and providing material status to support work schedules.
- Ensuring compliance with all related federal and state laws and regulations and Duke Energy business standards. Demonstrate advanced capabilities associated with analyzing and evaluating supplier performance
- Managing daily, monthly, and quarterly reports.
- Bachelors degree + 2 years work experience OR Associates degree + 4 years work experience OR High School Diploma/GED + 6 years work experience
- Microsoft Office Suite Advanced analytical, business acumen & customer service skills
- Demonstrates a strong sense of urgency and proven desire to learn
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong multitasking skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Associates + 5 yrs of work experience
- Business Operations and/or Business Management experience
- Possesses fundamental working knowledge of the applicable business unit being supported
- Excellent communication (presentation, written, verbal) skills
- Strong understanding of and experience with procurement systems
- High standards of professionalism
- Participates and supports in special projects and teams as required
- Results-oriented and driven work style
- Demonstrates advanced planning, organizational skills
- Virtual Mobility Classification - Work will be performed from remote locations after the onboarding period. However, employees should live within a reasonable daily commute to the facility.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.