Product Applications Specialist
7050 Overland Road Orlando, FL 32810 US
- OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Product Application Specialist-HVAC is responsible for communicate with Representatives by phone, fax and e-mail to provide quotes and answer technical questions regarding products.
- MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide assistance to Sales Managers in product design and identifying areas of improvement in assisting sales office.
- Provide equipment selections to customers via computer selection software
- Provide product and technical training to representatives and engineers.
- Work with Sales Managers on changes to existing equipment and new product design.
- Give technical product presentations to consulting and specifying engineers and/or industry group.
- Write technical papers/articles related to the industry as required.
- Develop systems as required by the customer for a specific application. Analyze their particular application, perform a field survey, and coordinate with the owner or consulting engineers to determine the proper equipment required for custom applications.
- Provide quotations as required for semi-custom built systems.
- Provide quotation as required for standard commercial HVAC products.
- Prepare submittal drawing packages as required.
- Interface with engineering, production, representatives and customers.
- Work with code organizations and officials as related to commercial and industrial product lines.
- Remain current with changes in design, government regulations and building codes.
- Travel to trade shows, technical seminars and demonstrate product lines as required.
- Other duties as assigned by Management
- REQUIRED EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering preferred, experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- PRINCIPLE WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Regional Sales Reps.
- Manager, Product Applications
- Sr. VP Sales, HVAC.
- Technical Inside Sales/Support experience with semi-custom HVAC & IAQ products.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point – knowledge of Auto CAD a plus.
- Have experience in HVAC selection software.
- HVAC background and/or training.
- Good organizational skills and detail oriented.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.