815 Miles Pkwy Pell City, AL 35125 US
Our client is seeking a Product Engineer. Key job duties include but are not limited to:
- Evaluates existing products, designs new products, and considers factors such as strength, weight, cost of material selection, and other recommendations to ensure attainment of design objectives. Utilizes CAD, solid modeling and FEA to improve current designs and develop new ones.
- Plans and implements necessary operations to develop a design and fabrication procedure to fulfill product cost and performance standards.
- Confers with producers of materials such as metals, ceramics, or polymers during investigation and evaluation of materials suitable for specific product applications.
- Reviews product failure data and interprets laboratory tests to establish or rule out material and process causes.
- Manages all aspects of product design including testing, communication and documentation throughout product design cycle.
- Reviews customer specifications to provide the correct product and cost to meet their needs, including answering any questions that they may have on the product. Designs may need to be conveyed to the customer with a submittal/drawing.
Utilizes Microsoft Excel, Word and JDE. Must have basic computer skills and the ability to expand computer knowledge as required with company provided training. Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or related field.
Candidates must have the ability to work independently, have strong organizational skills and initiative while working with the group.
Our Client offers competitive wages, a company-funded 401K retirement plan, excellent benefits, and profit sharing.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.