4700 Deepwater Terminal Rd Richmond, VA 23234 US
Job Description: The Production Scheduler is responsible for developing and releasing the Weekly and Daily production schedules for building finished goods at our manufacturing facilities. The Scheduler needs to be highly organized and understand the processes that drive a supply chain, as well as production constraints at the manufacturing facilities. Works with Procurement, Production, and Quality to develop and manage the build schedule for multiple production lines, while considering current inventory, lead times and production capacity. In addition, this position is expected to make critical decisions based on the best information at hand and take a leadership role in building consensus among several parties, including at times conflict resolution among various functions.
- Developing and Releasing Daily and Weekly Production Schedules in accordance with supply plan and line capacity as communicated by Production.
- Creating all work orders and releasing work orders daily to production.
- Monitoring, tracking and reporting on the delivery of the supply and inventory plans following release for execution on a weekly basis.
- Working jointly with supply chain teams and internal/external manufacturing sites to identify options when supply is constrained.
- Proactively reviewing material supply and requirements to determine appropriate actions to avoid material shortages in production. Make changes to schedules as required.
- Ensuring that Supervisors/Leads receive schedules daily in a timely manner and that they report any discrepancies to Production Manager daily.
- Working directly with employees to resolve scheduling issues.
- Working with material planners to ensure that material supply needs are met.
- Documenting key information for analysis which includes downtime, peak production, inventory accuracy and scheduling accuracy. Accountable for performance to plan, plan stability, customer service and inventory levels.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Operations Research, Math/Statistics, or Operations Management (preferred).
- Minimum 3+ years of hands on experience in production scheduling in manufacturing
- facilities (preferred).
- Demonstrated experience with master scheduling tools such as Epicor.
- Experience in a leadership role, able to coach and mentor.
- Exceptional computer skills; ERP, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively communicate across multiple departments and through multiple levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated influencing, negotiating and conflict management skills.
- Excellent collaborative management skills.
- Strong working knowledge of effective supply chain performance including supply planning, customer service, supplier and asset management.
- Strong passion for creating process and systems improvement
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.