1250 E 3rd St Oxnard, CA 93030 US
The Production Supervisor is responsible for supervising the plant production and maintenance on a production shift. The Production Supervisor will be accountable for implementing the plant production plan, maintaining a safe work environment, developing a team-oriented workforce, meeting customer quality/service expectations, developing and implementing process improvements, accomplishing plant productivity goals, building plant/shift communications, identifying and solving operational issues and delivering training programs.
This position reports to the Manufacturing Manager and supervises hourly plant employees. The position may work closely with all plant staff, human resources, accounting, planning, logistics, sales, equipment/supply vendors, contractors, or auditors.
(The essential functions listed below are not intended to reflect all duties that may be assigned to this position. It is the responsibility of every employee at Tree Top Inc. to report food safety and food quality problems or risks to personnel with the authority to initiate action against these said possible risks. Company has identified personnel that will serve as backups for key personnel in the event that said employee is absent or unavailable. These provisions can be found within the organizational chart. Company may augment duties, including essential functions, at its discretion.)
- Supervise and monitor the daily operations to meet production and customers’ needs, including scheduling, materials, and staging of fruit. Approve and ensure adherence to production schedules. Supervise hourly employees’ performance related to hourly throughputs and quality and process checks, and coordinates their schedules, time approval, and vacation planning to ensure proper coverage.
- Measure plant production efficiencies and provide communication to supervisors and employees regarding plant performance. Prepare paperwork and review daily, weekly and monthly production and financial reports that focus on customer complaints, yield, labor, and throughputs.
- Provide leadership and supervision of plant hourly employees. Manage goals and objectives for staff. Provide formal and informal feedback through coaching, monitoring and evaluating job results.
- Maintain (GMP, SQF, SOP, SSOP, OSHA, State Department of Agriculture, USDA, and state/federal regulations) compliance in auditable areas including, but not limited to: food safety audits, GMP audits, plant inspections, LOTO audits, and sanitation audits.
- Document Control: Develop and implement SOP’s and SSOP’s relevant to the area of responsibility. Ensure appropriate documents are stored and approved within the Intelex system. Ensure appropriate personnel are adequately trained to all relevant approved documents.
- cGMP’s: Ensure compliance to, and enforcement of all company policies and procedures concerning cGMP’s, food safety and all appropriate pre-requisite programs.
- Participate in routine meetings, which may include production meetings, safety, training and development, etc.
- Identify and implement capital, continuous improvement, and cost containment projects. Ensure that waste and production costs are minimized.
- Perform under the Working Conditions described below.
(Incumbents may not perform all the following functions listed below):
- Position assigned Sanitation responsibilities: Ensure the execution of all cleaning and sanitation activities comply with corporate and plant policies and procedures.
- Manage raw fruit to achieve optimal throughputs in blending with apple pressures, decay, stem bowl crack, stickers, fruit varieties, and apple sizes.
- Principles and practices of food manufacturing, including: food safety, quality, manufacturing concepts
- Working knowledge of FDA and OSHA regulations, GMPs, Sanitation, and HACCP.
- Understanding of associated processing and maintenance equipment and engineering.
- Principles and practices of financial and manufacturing accounting.
- Principles and practices of financial forecasting and budgeting.
- Principles and practices of inventory planning, production scheduling, production metrics, and production system variables, balancing, and optimizing.
- Principles and practices of continuous improvement concepts and related application technique.
- Pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes, and regulations.
- Gain cooperation through discussion and persuasion.
- Identify, research, and analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, and project consequences of proposed actions.
- Effectively organize, plan, and execute.
- Use computers and computer software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Meet behaviors established in Tree Top’s performance management and development process.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Operations, Engineering, Manufacturing, or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of food processing experience.
- Supervisory experience in a food manufacturing facility is preferred.
- First Aid/CPR and Forklift training are preferred.
- SQF, Ammonia Fit, Food Safety, Sensory Evaluation, and/or HACCP training and certification are preferred.
- Constantly works in a manufacturing/plant environment and may frequently have exposures to an office, lab, or outdoors environment
- Occasionally deals with highly confidential information
- Constantly works under tight time constraints or with business activities of a seasonal/cyclical nature
- Occasionally travels, including overnight stays, to other worksites, for off-site meetings, and for training purposes
- Occasionally works with dissatisfied or angry customers
- Frequently works from home
- Physical requirements of the job:
- Constantly lifts up to 10 pounds, frequently lifts up to 50 pounds, and may occasionally lift over 100 pounds with assistance
- Vision requirements: Constantly uses far vision, near vision, color vision, and/or depth perception
- May constantly climbs, talks, stands, walks, and/or listens/uses hearing
- May frequently types and/or uses repetitive hand motions
- May occasionally lifts, crouches, pulls, kneels, reaches, pushes, stoops, grasps, crawls, sits, and/or drives
- Types of exposures encountered on the job: Constantly has exposures to loud machine/equipment noise, frequently has exposures to extreme heat/cold temperatures, toxic or caustic chemicals, and/or electrical current, and occasionally has exposures to needle sticks, human blood and pathogens, and/or odors or fumes
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.