Project Controls Manager
8400 Ward Parkway Kansas City, MO 64114 US
This is a Field Project Controls Manager role on the client side of a transformational project which includes the retirement of the existing coal-fueled units; installation of new natural gas-fueled electricity generating units capable of utilizing hydrogen for 840 megawatts net generation output; and modernization of a Transmission System. This role is specific to the substation and converter station portion of the project.
- Leads project controls program on a substation and converter station upgrade project.
- Is an integral part of the management team for project success.
- Collaborates with the project management leadership team to ensure project success.
- Identifies improvements to processes.
- Leads project controls process and systems development.
- Responsible for all cost, schedule, earned value, risk and change management for the project.
- Will be responsible for cost reporting, forecasting, site staffing plans, equipment planning, work package planning, monthly reporting, and risk analysis.
- Prefer Master's degree or local equivalent in Engineering or Construction Management.
- Four-year Bachelor's degree with eight or more years of relevant Cost Control of Planning and Scheduling experience OR no four-year Bachelor's degree required with ten years or more of relevant Cost Control or Planning and Scheduling experience in Home Office or Field Office.
- Experience in cost, schedule, and change management required.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.