Project Controls Planning
850 West Brush Wellman Road Sutherland, UT 84624 US
Project Controls Planning role on the client side of a transformational project which includes the retirement of the existing coal-fueled units; installation of new natural gas-fueled electricity generating units capable of utilizing hydrogen for 840 megawatts net generation output; and modernization of a Transmission System to Southern California.
- With minimal supervision, is responsible for independently applying advanced project controls techniques and analyses.
- The level may handle commercial issues and will provide leadership and guidance to less experienced project control personnel.
- Able to positively influence internal and external clients to achieve successful results.
- Achieves a high level of forecasting accuracy.
- Proactive in addressing project issues therefore supporting a successful project outcome.
- Leads planning and schedule preparation on more complex projects including startup planning.
- Addresses contractual requirements related to schedule control.
- Participates in key risk management discussions.
- Participates in and may lead any potential claims issues.
- Manages controls functions from home office to site as appropriate.
- Supervises subcontract administration when assigned.
- Experienced planner/scheduler with at least 5 years of experience with Primavera and the ability to integrate contractor schedules, run what-if scenarios, and lead pull planning/integrated phase planning sessions.
- Four-year Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Construction Management, preferred.
- Four-year Bachelor's degree with 6 or more years of relevant Cost Control of Planning and Scheduling experience OR no four-year Bachelor's degree required with eight years or more of relevant Cost Control or Planning and Scheduling experience in Home Office or Field Office.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.