Project Controls Specialist - Nuclear
526 South Church Street Charlotte, NC 28202 US
- Overview: Analyzes company functions, processes, and activities to improve computer-based business applications for the most effective use of money, materials, equipment, and people.
- Prefer candidates with advanced experience in coding and maintenance of PowerApps, Excel (VBA, pivot tables, slicers, etc.), PowerBI, SharePoint, and P6.
- Utilizes available computer systems resources and personnel to carry out analysis to support management's quest for performance improvement.
- Reviews and analyzes information, forecasts, methods, schedules, systems, processes, and procedures.
- Determines most useful business solutions for the company.
- Recommends alternative solutions to management as to courses of action that best meet the organization's goals.
- Performs duties concerned with the design and improvement of computer-based business systems.
- Works closely with senior managers to identify and solve a variety of computer-based business system problems.
- Analyzes requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing or to improve existing business systems.
- Confers with personnel of organizational units involved to analyze current operational procedures and identify problems.
- Solicits from management symptoms of problem, formally defines the problem, breaks problem into component parts, and gathers information about each of these parts from a variety of sources.
- Selects the most appropriate analytical technique. Utilizes several study techniques including simulation, linear and nonlinear programming, dynamic programming, queuing and other stochastic-process models, Markov decision processes, econometric methods, data envelopment analysis, neural networks, expert systems, decision analysis, and the analytic hierarchy process.
- Writes description of business needs, business program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer-based business systems.
- Reviews computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations to determine if requested program or program change is possible within existing system.
- Studies existing computer-based business systems to evaluate effectiveness and develops new systems to improve production or workflow as required.
- 6-9 years of experience.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.