Project Controls Specialist II (Cost)
Raleigh, NC 27601 US
- This individual will be expected to work with a small team of Project Controls Analysts and Schedulers.
- This position will perform cost analysis, forecasting and reporting for a portfolio of projects budgeted anywhere from $10M to $20M annual spend, comparing monthly actuals to the project baseline, identifying variances, while simultaneously monitoring the projects’ baseline plans and the fiscal budget.
- This position will work in partnership with a more experienced Project Controls lead.
- This work will require advanced Excel skills because all cost workbooks and reporting are based in Excel.
- A basic understanding of budgets, direct and indirect labor charges, accruals, overheads, amortization, allocations are a critical knowledge requirement.
- The individual selected for this role must have strong technical skills and the proven ability to integrate large amounts of data from multiple databases or systems.
- Proven ability to analyze data is required.
- This is the intermediate level of the Project Controls classification hierarchy.
- Workers at this level are responsible for initiating and completing routine aspects of project control assignments with general oversight.
- Workers effectively apply fundamental project controls principles and procedures to work that is fairly complex and varied.
- They have an understanding of associated project controls software.
- This position typically is assigned to multiple Green I or Green II projects per the Project Management Center of Excellence Project Profile Matrix.
- Graduation from a two-year college or university - business, finance, project management, engineering, technical, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of project controls experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of project controls experience in lieu of a degree.
- Working knowledge of project controls principles.
- Working Knowledge to Proficiency with project management, project controls concepts, computer applications such as scheduling software, financial tools, spreadsheets; proven collaborative team member.
- Graduation from a four-year college or university -business, finance, project management, engineering, technical, or equivalent.
- PMI or AACE certification (the following or equivalent are acceptable - PMP, CAPM, PMI-SP, AACE-CCC, AACE-PSP, AACE-CEP, AACE-EVP).
- Software such as MS Project, Primavera, Business Objects, Passport, MS Office Suite, Prolog, Visio, Powerplant, Emax, PeopleSoft.
- The Project Controls Specialist II may have relationships with individuals of varying levels in various organizations.
- Project teams of external Suppliers Vendors.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.