Project Controls Specialist
411 Fayetteville Street Charlotte, NC 28206 US
- Candidate may be asked to go on field/site visit on occasion (maybe 2 times a year), PPE will be required.
- This would be considered a hybrid role in that it is looking for both cost and scheduling experience. In regard to scheduling, P6 is highly preferred, but not required. If a candidate has scheduling experience and understands scheduling concepts (example: WBS), they could be a fit.
- Cost experience that they are looking for: Analytics, forecasting, understanding actuals vs funding, understanding budget vs funding.
- Excel experience is a must.
- This is the intermediate level of the Project Controls classification hierarchy. Workers at this level are responsible for initiating and completing routine aspects of project control assignments with general oversight.
- Workers effectively apply fundamental project controls principles and procedures to work that is fairly complex and varied.
- They have an understanding of associated project controls software.
- This position typically is assigned to multiple Green I or Green II projects per the Project Management Center of Excellence Project Profile Matrix.
- Graduation from a two-year college or university - business, finance, project management, engineering, technical, or equivalent. Minimum of 2 years of project controls experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of project controls experience in lieu of a degree.
- Working knowledge of project controls principles.
- Working Knowledge to Proficiency with project management / project controls concepts / computer applications such as scheduling software, financial tools, spreadsheets; proven collaborative team member.
- Graduation from a four-year college or university -business, finance, project management, engineering, technical, or equivalent. PMI or AACE certification (the following or equivalent are acceptable - PMP, CAPM, PMI-SP, AACE-CCC, AACE-PSP, AACE-CEP, AACE-EVP).
- Software such as MS Project, Primavera, Business Objects, Passport, MS Office Suite, Prolog, Visio, Powerplant, Emax, PeopleSoft.
- The Project Controls Specialist II may have relationships with individuals of varying levels in various organizations.
- Project teams of external Suppliers/Vendors.
- Soft skills: solution oriented, analytical mindset, ability to take direction, organized, sense of urgency, comfortable with working with multiple sources or technology (i.e. tool integration, workflows, etc.)
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.