9450 Ward Parkway Kansas City, MO 64114 US
- The Project Coordinator assists with all aspects of design build delivery projects by collaborating with internal engineer-procure-construct (EPC) resources in providing and presenting administrative project information.
- Assists with preparation of project execution plans, risk management process and plans, quality reviews, subcontractor on-boarding, subcontractor pre-qualification procedures, configuration of construction management software for document control and support the project team throughout the project lifecycle.
- This position coordinates both externally and internally with clients and project management for providing solutions in executions of design build delivery project needs.
- Coordinates meetings between design, project management and construction management staff and compiles information necessary to develop project execution plans.
- Facilitates the dissemination of information to vendors, suppliers, clients and project teams as part of the overall communications and project management process.
- Resolves questions regarding the project; research and provide appropriate answers.
- Prepare and present meeting notes, presentations and tables utilizing Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote and other programs.
- Document formatting within Microsoft Word for various client deliverables.
- Manage project set-up preparation and compile documentation updates.
- Monitor projects deadlines and benchmarks and support presentation of monthly progress reports covering action items and progress updates.
- Plan, coordinate and facilitate weekly design meetings during the project design phase. Tract action items and facilitate follow-up conversations.
- Participate in client meetings for the project. Tasks may include: preparing meeting agenda, tracking action items, preparing meeting minutes, logging and closing out follow-up items.
- Coordinate the required training programs and records for project personnel in conjunction with the corporate training department and project requirements to ensure compliance.
- Obtain physical sign off of project documents & maintain electronic and paper files.
- Manage IT resources for project offices and staff by coordinating with internal support departments.
- Administer project closeout activities.
- Establish and track priorities and deadlines on project deliverables.
- Assist Project Manager in preparation of client contracts and sub-contracts.
- Develop procedures pertaining to internal project requirements.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Degree required. Associate's Degree or Bachelor’s degree preferred, in a related field or a minimum of 10 years' experience. Certificates or extended experience in engineering/construction-related industry, construction-related safety, construction management software, paralegal, legal assistant, insurance and/or document/project controls is preferred. Applicable experience may be substituted for degree requirements.
- Position requires ability to work independently, demonstrating accuracy, reliability, organization and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, communication skills and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels within an organization.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.