Project Engineer (Gas Measurement)
1945 W Parnall Road Jackson, MI 49201 US
- Primary responsibility of the position is to act as a project engineer and project support engineer for capital projects to ensure proper measurement design and mechanical design.
- Provide technical expertise in measurement equipment (Ultrasonic meters, Coriolis meters, Orifice meters, Gas Chromatograph, fuel meters, H2O Analyzer, H2S Analyzer, O2 Analyzer, CO2 Analyzer and Hydro Carbon Dew point Analyzer) with capital project execution with support on installation, diagnostic, configuration and troubleshooting of said equipment.
- The engineer frequently coordinates with other internal departments including; within our own MR&C engineering, pipeline engineering, storage and compression engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, Project Management, Project Controls, Customer Account Managers, Customer Deliverability, Operational Technology, Gas Control and many others.
- As a project engineer, the individuals responsibilities include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Project scoping, design engineering and design review/support - 50%
- Equipment/material procurement and Construction coordination/support - 30%
- Equipment specification and development of department standards - 10%
- Field/O&M technical support - 10%
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Technical writting experience in writing engineering specifications
- Ability to work on a team with diverse experiences and responsibilities
- Project Engineering Experience
- Ability to access, diagnose, and close gaps in process and projects (problem solver)
- The following skills and experience will set you apart from others:
- Familiarity with Michigan Gas Safety Code
- Masters or other advanced degree, ideally in a technical or scientific field of study
- Energy industry background that includes natural gas chromatography and metering equipment
- Knowledge gas measurement equipment and electronic flow measurement
- Knowledge of codes such as AGA, API, PHMSA, and gas measurement codes
- Professional Engineering (PE) license
- Computer software and programs: microsoft office suite, SAP, Arriba, Measurement software
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering field
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.