Project Engineer / Junior PM
TBD San Jose, CA 94088 US
Locations San Jose, CA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities span a broad spectrum, covering all the areas of project management including Project Planning, Cost Management, Time Management, Quality Management, Contract Administration, and Safety Management.
- Ability to maintain a strong relationship with GC’s and Owners.
- Assist in gathering the best pricing and on-time delivery of materials from vendors.
- Ability to assist in managing: schedule, billings, submittals, RFI’s & change orders, select and monitor subs.
- Pre-Construction administrative duties.
- Submittal Management
- COR/CO Management
- Schedule Updates
- Meeting preparation and participation for all relevant project meetings.
- Project Reporting Management
- Perform administrative and office support activities for the project management team.
- Assist with the development of project documentation.
- Assist with project estimating by reviewing Specifications, Instructions to Bidders and Construction Drawings.
- Identify and assist in generating pre-bid Requests for Information.
- Track project issues and communicate with the project manager.
- Prepare project closeout documents and internal work documents.
- Order and track material.
- Assist in selection of materials for purchase.
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Negotiate prices with vendors and suppliers.
- Contact suppliers to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems.
- Prepare shipping documents.
- Prepare purchase orders and ensure approval from Project Managers.
- Experience working for an HVAC or Plumbing Mechanical Contractor on large commercial projects strongly preferred.
- Experience working in the construction industry required.
- Mechanical Engineering degree or related construction degree strongly desired.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.