815 Mile Pkwy. Pell City, AL 35125 US
· Identifies problems or needs and examines possible solutions for plant equipment and processes.
· Presents possible solutions to management and oversees implementation of changes.
· Designs and/or modifies new and existing equipment, components, and ventilation systems.
· Oversees the implementation of conceptual work by instructing fabrication, maintenance, and operating personnel on interpretation of documentation.
· Analyzes work force utilization, facility layout, and operational data such as production costs, process flow charts, and production schedules, to determine efficient utilization of workers and equipment.
· Develops standards for production and design by working with manufacturing personnel and management.
· Recommends methods for improving worker efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities by restructuring job duties, reorganizing work flow, relocating work stations and equipment, and purchasing equipment.
· Confers with management and engineering staff to implement plans and recommendations.
· Supervises and provides cost estimates for construction of new/remodeled factory and office areas.
· Ensures projects are completed on time and within specified budget.
· Completes required technical and regulatory documents.
· Troubleshoots problems that arise.
Must have strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and Outlook. Ability to use/operate a personal computer and applied software such as DRAFT SIGHT, SOLID WORKS, MASTER CAM, Database software, word processing, and others. Ability to use/operate basic hand tools, calipers (all styles), micrometer and other measuring devices, printer, plotter, fax machine, and various engineering and reference books. Possess a working knowledge of electrical controls, both electro - mechanical and PLC hydraulic/pneumatic systems, and plant machinery. Familiar with robotic systems and their potential for use in a manufacturing environment. Understand welding and burning processes and applications. Possess a working knowledge of LEAN principles and their application in manufacturing. Bachelor's degree in Engineering from a four-year college or university and at least five years’ experience.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.