Project Estimator (Environmental Solutions)
Tampa, FL 33592 US
The Project Estimator leads the process to prepare proposals/bids, responses, and analyses in support of Environmental Solutions National Sales operations. The Project Estimator supports the Company’s execution of revenue management activities and interacts with all levels of management; and at times, acts as a liaison between the sales team, key corporate departments, and field operating units.
- Interprets and presents comprehensive analyses related to client requests for proposals/bids and portfolio analysis projects to department management, recommending course of action and/or solutions. Develops a long-term vision of how to better utilize or improve existing tools to help the team resolve issues and/or work more efficiently and effectively.
- Develops proposals and cost estimates for remediation and large industrial services RFPs and RFBs. This includes drafting complex technical proposals/bids.
- Reviews and approves work product for business rationale, quality, and accuracy, including price and cost estimates, proposals, bids, and analyses.
- Establishes, evaluates, and refines department processes and protocols focused on interdepartmental partnerships with key departments including but not limited to Field Operations, Sales, Operations, Procurement, Safety and Environmental.
- Assists in developing strategic recommendations by working with business partners to analyze and understand all necessary data including sales data, market trends, competitive landscape, and current pricing.
- Provides statistical reports to the leadership team that reflects performance of the pricing activities.
- Analyzes results and recommends future, pricing, operations, and sales approach.
- Leads department-sponsored projects from initiation to completion and coordinates inter-department meetings, communications related to projects, processes, and improvements.
- Performs sales related and other assigned responsibilities.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Previous experience in estimations or proposal/bid organization.
- Previous experience in Construction Management and/or Civil Engineering, Environmental and/or Geotechnical Engineering
- Technical writing experience and ability to draft complex proposals/bids
- 5 years of estimations, financial analysis, sales analysis, field sales experience, and/ or pricing experience.
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• Retirement plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.