Project Manager (Electrical Travelling)
Appleton, WI 54915 US
The Construction Project Manager supports the Engineer Procure Construct (EPC) Project Manager or Program Manager to oversee day-to-day operations from pre-construction through project completion and warranty periods. The Construction Project Manager is responsible for managing the construction project safety, quality, schedule, cost control, contracts, subcontractors, suppliers, proposals, estimates, documentation turnover, client relations/management, field staff and other duties required to execute EPC, Construction Management, Construction, and Program Management projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Adhere to company’s safety programs, trainings, and policies, as well as promote and manage the Safety & Health performance of project team members and subcontractors.
- Responsible for the oversight of day-to-day construction activities and the successful execution of a single or multiple projects simultaneously.
- Provide direction and participate in project planning, scheduling, estimating, cost development, and establishing critical project objectives.
- Develop new and manage existing client relationships while interfacing with the client for proposal and project related items.
- Participate in internal and external project risk reviews and consult with Legal Department as required.
- Negotiate prime contracts, CM contracts, subcontracts, and change orders.
- Participate in risk review process.
- Implement assigned sections of the Project Execution Plan, including construction execution, construction quality assurance plan, safety & health plan, subcontracting plan, project staffing plan, organization chart, and procurement plan.
- Develop construction staffing plans and train project teams, coordinate activities of multiple global practices/disciplines, and facilitate the efficient cost-effective utilization of staff while adhering to contractual and performance requirements.
- Oversee the development of the project plan for site layout, mobilization and demobilization and support implementation.
- Verify all applicable project permits are secured in accordance with the project requirements.
- Direct and oversee the downstream request for proposal (RFP) and bid process and prepare detailed scope of work documents for subcontractor and client contractor contracts, including bidder development, prequalification, evaluation, award recommendation, and selection.
- Review, approve, and communicate internal and external reports including project budgeting, project cash flow forecast, and project status reports. Present reports to Project Manager, Program Manager as well as internal and external executive management as required.
- Collaborate with engineering team to establish the development and distribution of engineering deliverables per project schedule and requirements.
- Develop processes and manage downstream contract administration including request for information (RFI’s), submittals, change management, contract closeout, documentation, and claims mitigation.
- Oversee Prime Contract, subcontractor, and client contractor invoicing process.
- Coordinate and facilitate client, supplier and company commissioning and startup teams as needed.
- Implement, audit, and oversee project documentation.
- Implement process for confirming project and subcontractor insurance, taxes/duties, licensures, and bonding requirements.
- Perform project safety, quality, progress and financial audits and assessments as required.
- Oversee and participate in the project-specific non-conformance reporting process.
- Responsible for facilitating project cost reporting, scheduling, work breakdown structure establishment, project set-up and closeout, and field progress tracking specific to construction and construction related activities or program level activities as required.
- Develop and oversee materials receiving and management process, including inventory control, receipt of goods, storage, and transportation as required.
- Review contract documents with field staff to verify compliance of subcontractors and client contractors, safety and health requirements, quality, and schedule.
- Direct the project turnover documentation, warranty administration, project closeout, and recordkeeping/retention processes and procedures.
- Support communication with governmental, industry, and public entities on project-related matters.
- Review construction field reports.
- Provide mentorship and training to interns, construction coordinators, craft supervision, and assistant construction project managers.
- Provide performance feedback for each project team member as requested to their respective Department Managers.
- Manage community and building trades relationships.
- Develop and implement project labor agreements with building trades as required.
- Onboard craft/field supervision as required.
- Manage composite crew rates to determine labor and equipment costs.
- Manage staffing on projects.
- Manage labor burdens including craft classifications, benefits and labor laws.
- Maintain accurate craft classifications and craft progression records.
- Uphold craft competency and training standards.
- Estimate, forecast and manage craft install unit rates.
- Manage earned value, schedule, change management and cost metrics.
- Mentor and foster craft training and identify advancement opportunities.
- Manage construction equipment to ensure adequate inventory to complete projects.
- May be assigned to a project site based on project requirements.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction, Construction Management, Engineering or a related field.
- Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- A minimum of 10 years relevant project manager experience in the construction industry.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Comprehension - ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
- Organization - ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology.
- Reasoning and Decision Making - ability to apply common sense and previous experience in performing job.
- Communication - ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines, and be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with clients, superiors, subordinates, coworkers, general public, contractors, suppliers, and any other individuals necessary to conduct business.
- Mathematics - perform basic arithmetic and accounting functions.
- Leadership - must be able to take ownership and accountability for tasks and actions assigned, as well as maintain creativity where applicable in identifying solutions.
- Other - ability to adapt, analyze, assess, calculate, make decisions, dependable, exercise good judgment, organize, prioritize, read, memorize, social skills, stress control and solve problems.
- Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access).
- Experience with document control, scheduling, cost control and project management software is preferred.
- Significant travel may be required to support the execution of projects, training and other corporate requirements.
- Travel may extend over weekends and holidays.
- High probability of extended periods of travel may be required to support project execution for duration of project/program in the form of field assignments or relocation.
- Frequency of travel will vary based on the different project needs.
- Travel on short notice may be required.
- The base work schedule will be a five (5) day work week (Monday through Friday) with some exceptions based on the office or project location. Periodic weekend work and extended work days may be required. Business travel after regular work hours will be required. Night shift work may be required to support project execution.
- 5 days X 10 hours per week - depends on job site and weekends work as needed.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.