Project Manager (Underground & Submarine Cables)
Chicago, IL 60601 US
- The Project Manager will manage, direct, and coordinate all aspects of work related to engineering.
- The Project Manager is expected to proactively grow client relationships into repeat business and expand service offerings.
- The Project Manager will be responsible for the profit and loss of individual projects, the successful completion of projects within specified dates, and establishing and maintaining a professional and satisfactory relationship with the Owner, internal engineering/design team, subcontractors, regulatory agencies, and other project stakeholders.
- Additionally, the Project Manager will assist in the pursuit of new clients, with the potential to serve as an Account Manager with direct marketing effort responsibilities.
Major responsibilities for the Project Manager will include:
- Promoting a safety-first culture
- Prepare proposals, assist in presentations, and participate in contract negotiations.
- Leverage existing client relationships, create new client relationships, and focus on repeat work within each Account.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with client regarding all aspects of the project
- Provide overall management and coordination of projects from concept to completion including environmental, permitting, engineering, real estate, scope/schedule/budget adherence, evaluating subcontractor bids, construction support, and closeout.
- Own internal project financials (detailed, accurate project cost forecast and accruals), staffing, legal coordination, risk management, and change management.
- Work closely with the Project Team to ensure deliverables and services are being provided to client’s satisfaction and that projects are following internal QA/QC guidelines.
- Report regularly on progress, cost and schedule metrics, safety or environmental concerns, and potential project risks.
- Travel to client and project locations expected. Estimated travel 5-15%
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a US Citizen and fully vaccinated.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 7 years of electrical or civil distribution and/or transmission engineering experience preferred, including 3 or more years of experience managing engineering projects. Linear projects for gas pipelines or transportation may also apply. Completion of master's degree in related field may be substituted for one year of experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. This position requires an individual capable of applying intensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices to broad areas of assignments.
- Demonstrated success in project management, including proven ability to develop business and establish relationships with clients.
- Must have the ability to clearly and effectively present complex information to all levels of employees, management, and clients.
- Previous consulting experience preferred.
- Professional Registration preferred.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.